Is Capital Punishment Justified

• YES

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • NO

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well according to me Capital punishment is totally justified even though these practises are not used in India today but in countries where they have been used has been fairly justified. If u see places like Dubai wherein if u steal something u can get ur hands cut completely. These kind of punishment has brought fear in the maladjusted minds. The fear of these kind of punishment has reduced the crime rate over there. I believe these should be brought to India also to decrease the Crime rate over here. Like the increasing no of rapes in metro cities like mumbai & delhi has brought a fear in the people residing in these cities.. The much known safe metro's are no more so safe. Capital Punishment is an answer to bringing the Crime Rate below. :)

abhi_simsr

though i agree with bhavin thatcapital punishment is justified but before implementing the capital judgement we need to put a very fair,reliable judiciary system in place. theway judiciary is working in India where people don't trust judiciary at these places the capital punishment is very dangerous as it leads to utter disatisfactio and can lead to turmoils. also we ourselves are not whether the person is really guilty or is bakra for politicians....

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well said abhi totally agree in 1 criteria with U that the politics today is totally out of control & man they make ppl bakra's alot.. But on these criteria not bringin capital punishment is a mistake coz if we see y'ster history of India its just been corrupt politicians in past couple decades so thinking of complete evolution on that phase is very much impossible.. But implementing Capital Punishment by a separate entity which politicians cannot influence and also which majorly applies on capital punishment to politicians going wrong before the public is something the demand of the day..!!

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think so the capital punishment is justified, but in country like India it is not possible at all, Because of corrupt politicains and also the Indian Judiciary system is very Bad and they are very slow in taking decesions. we can also see the case of ABU SALEM is still Pending, so in India we should at least wait for more 10 years to see the capital punishmet working

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I Second, Bhavin and abhi, Capital Punishement : An Absolute Yes !!

I completely agree, that making " BAKRA's " of innocent people is not a new thing in India, and frankly speaking, I dont think the politicians actually give a damn about it.

Also, Venga rightly said that people like ABU SALEM, are given luxurious treatment even in a Jail. It all boils down to only one point, " Paisa Bolta Hai ". Although we know, that Abu salem, commited those crimes. He himself accepts the charges, still we give him royal treatment.

Its disgusting that a person who killed hundreds, gets a VIP treatment in a JAIL, just because he once had the power and has a huge bank account to part with.

I feel, although the legal system is not in place, is doesnt give us a reason to spoil the criminals.

What say ??

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
kartik said:
I Second bhavin and abhi, Capital Punishment is justified but the judiciary needs to be in place. It isnt a new thing of making " BAKRA's " of totally innocent people and i dont think the politicians care a damn if the innocent are given capital punishment or imprisonment.

Secondly, As Venga rightly said, we have ABU SALEM, we know he commited the crime, he accepts he did, still he is given luxurious treatment in the jail. As if, it isnt a Jail but his own small ville.

This encourages more and more crimes, because ultimately the person who has money, whether the method of getting be right or wrong, will get a treat of his life whether it be a Jungle or a Jail.

To sum it up, Capital Punishment - Absolute Yes !! :)

Exactly....i totally agree with u all..CAPITAL PUNISHMENT...100% YES...
I agree to kartik n venga... ABU SALEM's case....inspite of he accepting the crime he did... hes given luxurious facilities...
also...thrs a contract between both the contries that INDIA cannot annonce SENTENCE TO DEATH TO MR SALEM and that hes allowed only a 25 yr max imprisonment..thts the reason n mutual agreement made by both sides and hence abu salem was sent 2 india...
also agring 2 u ppl on the point of politics n corruption n crime...
Just c the figures...reveald in past in TIME OF INDIA main page..abt the expenses incurred by indian govt for keepin salem safe and his facilites nad protection..he was bought to indai in a specially made flight costin indai 63 lakhs alone and many more...all this proves the point tht INDIA wont progress and i think though capital punishment is correct but wont hv an effect on indian soil..

Regards
Vishal

(Ne1 2 go against we all??????/ lolz)

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
You know actually now to think about it i guess i disagree to Capital Punishment..

I mean bringing Capital Punishment is like totally against the law of nature.. Killing a person jst because he might hv killled some1 in a wrong frame of mind. Or cuttin hands for stealin.. I mean every 1 steals today da rich da poor nd jst da ppl who get caught get this punishment so unfair.. There is no Value Of Human LIfe????

milind20

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
vishal_1986 said:
all this proves the point tht INDIA wont progress and i think though capital punishment is correct but wont hv an effect on indian soil..

Vishal, i disagree with ur last point.......
u said
INDIA wont progress bcoz of this.......i can see no connection between some person being puinished nd the country not growing.....these r two diff things altogether.....INDIA is on the path of glory nd success......and all tht is stoppinf INDIA frm being ther is the ppl's attitude....

ppl's attitude here in INDIA is such tht 'sablog bribe accept karte hai, toh main kyon nahin'......instead of going against evil, we support it.....i m not talkin bout some very very good nd amazin talent tht v have........nut evil always outnumbers good.......

Secondly bout capital punishment, i feel it shud b ther but the criterias shud b set in prior.......
as in some other countries....they hve set strict guidlines.....if this is the crime thn this shud b the punishment......tht is wat shud b done here.....

lastly, one very imp thing is tht law shud b equal fr every1.....if I, a comman man does a crime and if the same crime is done by a SUPERSTAR then too the punishment shud b the same.....ther shud be no bias in dis case.....

phew.....man cant imagine i rote so long

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well i kinda disagree to u Milind
"if this is the crime thn this shud b the punishment......tht is wat shud b done here....."
Well if you see today there are lot of ppl who hv either not commited the crime or hv done it unkwingly. Nw in such an instance if u say capital punishment is justified than it becomes "Unjustice" to the guy who has been senteced to this punishment.. We dont hv that kind of arrangement wherein we can surely say that wt case the cops are bringing to us is correct or not.. It's jst based on some statements which could be false. So technically if u see the govt who is giving these punishment becomes the actual criminal down here..

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Aft reading to all the poss n posts against my view point n others ..i conclude that...aft looking deeply into the culture of a particular counry..one has 2 decide whether capital punishment is acceptable or not... as far as india is concerned... milind ..u took my point wonrg..wht i meant 2 say was tht ..due t such a nature n mentality of indian ppl..as u wrote above... CAPITAL PUNSIHMENT here wont b acceptable n worht getin in... otherwise..its YES...
i think..i said properly wht i wantd 2..

Regards
Vishal

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
See u cant put capital punishment as a cultural issue.. It's a global issue we have today.. One should not narrow down his vision but think capital punishment on the global village criteria. I don't culture could be blockage to capital punishment. Well when u say tht evil is accepted in our society today that doesnt mean that capital punishment should be brought in there are many other ways how these problem can be tackled.. I dont see any connection much about bribing & culture as one of the influnencers for such harsh punishment

wizkid

Very well put bhavin but i do not agree to the views u have expressed.. I feel capital punishment is a necessity in today's world being it any criteria as u said global village or home country. It's a necessity to capital punishment today only than people shall refrain themselves from commitin crimes u knw...!!

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
bhavin_3 said:
You know actually now to think about it i guess i disagree to Capital Punishment..

I mean bringing Capital Punishment is like totally against the law of nature.. Killing a person jst because he might hv killled some1 in a wrong frame of mind. Or cuttin hands for stealin.. I mean every 1 steals today da rich da poor nd jst da ppl who get caught get this punishment so unfair.. There is no Value Of Human LIfe????

Bhavin, I agree with you Killing some1 is against the nature of law, but wat when that some1 only kills thousands of people by doing Bomb blasts, shootouts, murders, etc. Wat do you think that gangsters like LADEN, Dawood are still in their wrong frame of mind.

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
vengabeats said:
Bhavin, I agree with you Killing some1 is against the nature of law, but wat when that some1 only kills thousands of people by doing Bomb blasts, shootouts, murders, etc. Wat do you think that gangsters like LADEN, Dawood are still in their wrong frame of mind.

Well C even for dis ppl Capital Punishment is not an only way out, u can make them repent by making them work on the destruction they have created.. Like make dawood be a sweeper @ jail dis disgrace shall surely dishearten the upcoming terrorist. Jst a wild eg of wt m syin.!!!

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
bhavin_3 said:
Like make dawood be a sweeper @ jail dis disgrace shall surely dishearten the upcoming terrorist. Jst a wild eg of wt m syin.!!!

Somehow, It doesnt make sense to me.. Get this :

Bhavins version : " Dont commit crime, dont kill people, OR ELSE you will have to clean the jail your whole life"

My version : " Dont commit crime, OR ELSE you wil get ur a** kicked to death "

Which one is more powerful ? which one will stop the crime ??

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Bhavin u think that country like India can make this kind of decision, see the example Of Abu salem he is getting the luxurious facilities, so who the hell can make Dawood a sweeper in jail.

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well dats where the whole say is about.. If u bring in capital punishment do u think in country like India these punishment shall be used rationaly. I dont think so infact capital punishment would be used as a weapon in politics for the ministers to fight along

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
You still havent cleared my point bhavin.

Secondly fear of humiliation is not even close enough to the fear of death or life imprisonment or torture.

Thirdly, yes politicians might use it as a weapon, but they themselves might get trapped in it as there are numerous scams uncovered by Aaj tak and tehelka and star news , zee news etc.

Once caught, they should be punished soo badly that no other politician would ever even imagine of commiting the smallest crime.

milind20

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well well......a big twist in the discussion here......
i m sure not many of u all knew this.....i just happnd to search for capital punishment on wikipedia.......u wud b stunned to kno the results here goes....

Capital punishment is legal in India although rarely used. Between 1975 and 1991, about 40 people were executed, though there was a period between 1995 and 2004 when there were no executions. Anti-death penalty activists dispute those figures, claiming much higher numbers on Death Row and actual executions.

In August 2004, a 41-year-old man, Dhananjoy Chatterjee, was executed for raping and killing a 14-year-old schoolgirl in Calcutta. This was the country's first execution since 1995[1] and the first execution in West Bengal since 1993 when Kartik Sil and Sukumar Burman were hanged.[2]

In 2005, there were about a dozen people on the country's Death Row. Many levels of appeals are available through different courts and India allows state governors and the president to grant clemency.

The death penalty is to be used in the "rarest of rare" cases according to the Supreme Court of India, although the meaning of this phrase is not clearly defined. Capital punishment can be imposed for murder, instigating a child's suicide, treason, acts of terrorism, or a second conviction for drug trafficking.

The death penalty is usually carried out by hanging. After a 1983 challenge to this method, the Supreme Court ruled that hanging did not involve torture, barbarity, humiliation or degradation.

from here i got to kno tht capital punishment is actually legal in India......
but the question is whether it shud b used or not......

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Dear Milind.
We already know it is legal :p . And we are debating on whether it should be used frequently to curb crime .