Doctor's strike - Right or Wrong?

shrijit_s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi All

I wud like ur view on whether the doctor’s strike against reservation is right or not?

Though I am all against reservation, I am definitely not in view of doctors being on strike. Doctors have a duty against the society and they are supposed to fulfill it. In their fight against the govt, they are only putting the lives of patients at risk. I feel that there are better ways of protesting against the government.

Just consider the case when we have bank strikes, BEST strikes, airport employee strikes. Don’t we just hate that and don’t we always ask the same question. Why should we suffer?? Similarly why should the patients suffer in this bargain? What sin have they committed?

The doctors should note that if they keep continuing with the strike, they will lose support of many people and they will be looked upon as villains. They should go back to their work and continue with protests after their work is done. Now the Supreme Court has also ordered them to withdraw their strike or it may be held as contempt of court.

Do not let the government be viewed as the victim.

Any comments people????

Cheers

amardeep.rishi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
shrijit_s said:
Hi All

I wud like ur view on whether the doctor’s strike against reservation is right or not?

Though I am all against reservation, I am definitely not in view of doctors being on strike. Doctors have a duty against the society and they are supposed to fulfill it. In their fight against the govt, they are only putting the lives of patients at risk. I feel that there are better ways of protesting against the government.

Just consider the case when we have bank strikes, BEST strikes, airport
Any comments people????

Cheers
well srhrijit....who does not have duty towards society,can u name a single person?i truly endorse Bhagat singh idea's that"behron ko sunane ke liye dhamake ki zarurat hoti hai"...

shrijit_s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
[QUOTE="behron ko sunane ke liye dhamake ki zarurat hoti hai"...[/QUOTE]

But why shud innocent people be injured or killed in this dhamaka...what wrong have they done??

jp_pisces

shrijit_s said:
But why shud innocent people be injured or killed in this dhamaka...what wrong have they done??
Emergency services were open my dear...remmer 18days hunger strike not a joke buddy...they were also humans sitting without food for 18 days....Life is about give and take my dear....they did awesome job by agigating in their own way....

amardeep.rishi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well...tell me one thing.....Dr's r soo sacrosanct...just think abt a sweeper of ur colony....if he refuse to do his work for a week needless to say what situation would it be...to every man in this society has it's role to play and having his responsiblities towards it...
This was the right time to tell the govt abt the democarcy.....the way thins govt is going makes no sense....look at petrol prices...the hue and cry abt tax laws in air...
all bull sh*t

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I understand the point shrijith is trying to make.. Innocent patients shud not be affected...

But at the same time... arent these doctors innocent too ?? If the govt is soo sensible towards patients.. then why dont they agree to the points raised by these doctors..

The doctors have a important duty and I strongly feel tht the govt shud take their protest seriously ..

We are not supporting doctors... then how can we expect the doctors to support us ??

Its always 2 way traffic.. Im sure if the normal public supports the movement... then the doctors and the society both will have a win-win situation :)

anu shukla

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
needless to say..am in favor of doctor's strike!!
although srijit is rt that y innocent people shud suffer...but the fact is doctors were still treating the patients out side the hospitals( if u have seen the news) during strike also!!!
had our govt been soo sensible they would nt have done such blunder!! should have taken the matter seriously when all students were opposing this law!!!
also don't they waste a lot of public money(which could have been used in welfare of 1 lakh farmers that died due to poverty!!!& still the number are increasing endlessly) when they go fr adjournment of sessions,various bandhs & so called yatra's??
in my views they are the only killers!!!
it's only the thing that we are looking through the green glass wat media is showing us...
correct me if am wrong BUT THE FACT IS that we ourself want that this law shud be abolished but also hesitate to bear the heat of its protests!!!

themaharana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i also favor the doctor's strike. y should we suffer this. i still feel the frustration of losing admission to NM and HR college just becoz i was in open category.

i had 72 in my entrance and i was ranked 156. still i was denied admission in NM and HR college. whereas ppl wid scores of below 50 enters every year into NM on grounds that they were from backward community. great scholars have said that all men are equal. even the constituation of india's forst right is righjt to equality. i do not see this today in india. there is a huge communal difference on education grounds. now doctors did what they felt right. where are the management students. why dont we also join the campaign. after all we also will suffer if seats at MBA level are being divided among communal differences. ppl more eligible shoulkd be getting into better colleges.

god gives equal brains to everyone. its upon us on how we use it. god never gave less brains to backward community. then y is arjun singh thinking the other way? arjun singh keep ur ideology with urself. we will not be suffering for ur poor and backward thinking. we ll agaitate if this biill is passed.

hawk31981

I definately agree with the doctors going on strike. It is not nice to have people suffer because there are no doctors arround but consider what will happen when undeserving and incompitent doctors who have got admission due to reservation start treating people a lot more will definitely suffer .we will hear a lot more of the phrase incompitent doctors are said to use "Operation Successful But The Patient is Died" taking a holistic view which then is better "a few suffer now or many suffer later" i feel these doctors have taken the right call and they have my whole hearted backing.

shrijit_s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well ...most of d responses are in favour of d strike & I see intense frustration against the govt as a reason for supporting the strike..

I am against any kind of strike which happens, be it by employees of any company, or the bmc employees etc. Every person has a fundamental right to health and the seriousness of one's ill health shud not decide whthr he shud be treated urgently or can be postponed...

I also know that the govt is making a huge mistake by bringing in reservations...however two wrongs do not make a right and IMO the strike is a wrong thing...I am very much in favour of the docs and d non medical students to continue with protests in any other form...

BTW update is that the docs have withdrawn their strike due to the SC warning and they will return to their work. however, they may continue holding protests during their lunch break.

I have also found that MPites have found innumerable ways of spelling my name ....hmmm :big_grin:

Cheers!!

anu shukla

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
shrijit_s said:
I am against any kind of strike which happens, be it by employees of any ...................
I have also found that MPites have found innumerable ways of spelling my name ....hmmm :big_grin:

Cheers!!

hi shrijit!(ab theek hai??hahha!)
sorry for spelling out ur name wrongly in my last post! error is regreted!!:big_grin:

acha...so u still think that docs shud nt have gone on strike...may i know then wat other ways u think we shud have communicated our opposition to govt?plsss dn't tell me the japanese style"with a black band on their arms & working continously without breaks,i mean it is only their govt that is sensible to such things!!"

themaharana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
""I definately agree with the doctors going on strike. It is not nice to have people suffer because there are no doctors arround but consider what will happen when undeserving and incompitent doctors who have got admission due to reservation start treating people a lot more will definitely suffer .we will hear a lot more of the phrase incompitent doctors are said to use "Operation Successful But The Patient is Died" taking a holistic view which then is better "a few suffer now or many suffer later" i feel these doctors have taken the right call and they have my whole hearted backing."" by hawk31981

this shd be enuf to answer ur points. the doctors have resumed work but do u assure that they will work the same way as they did b4. today's economic times headlines shows stats of obc's consumptions and expenditures. read my post of obc. its there on the site. check recent posts. .

i suggest its time now for management students to lead from the front in this campaign. shrijit, u said something abt right 2 health. no such right is defined under the indian constituation. whereas this is clear case of the violation of right of equality.

the six fundamental rights as per the constitution of India:-

1. Right to Equality
2. Right to Particular Freedom
3. Cultural and Educational Rights
4. Right to Freedom of Religion
5. Right Against Exploitation and
6. Right to Constitutional Remedies

shrijit_s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
@ Anu - I do agree that strikes are good when it comes to giving publicity and making the point to the topic. Also strikes tend to get a very good media coverage also so that much the better. A black band protest will get minimal media coverage. And I am also sure that now that the strike is over...the media will search for some other good story.

I wud say that continuing with the protests once ur duty is done for d day is an option. I know that doing this is a very difficult thing to do. But I really believe that such kind of protests will tend to get u good support from the people in general. Generally during strikes the affected people never support it. They cud continue with their rallies, dharnas on holidays. But d need of d hour is to make the protests more widespread and convert it from a medical students strike to a general protest. It shud start inlcuding people from all spheres who feel that reservation is crappy...one shud also c to it that the media doesn't lose its focus from the protests.

@ Maharana - Firstly, I am totally against reservation. I am not againts the doctors protesting. I am only apprehensive abt the way of their protests. and dont u think that we dont need our constitution to define whthr health of a person is a fundamental right or not. U are very right abt management students leading the protest now. But why just management students. Why not everyone, who think that reservation is wrong. This is not a simple thing and it is a long process. In the meanwhile our last hope rests with the SC and we can just keep hoping and in d meanwhile continue with the protests.

anu shukla

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey shrijit!
gr88 idea indeed...but lemme tell you a hard core fact...IT WILL NT WRK!!
to strengthen my pt , i wud like to quote 2 such incidents which i have seen myself in delhi!!!

:-there was a huge strike from all india industrialist...in frnt of hyatt fr 15 days, delhi when the govt was removing industries from delhi!!( i dn't knw if u remember!!)that was done on same concept!!!
U CAN SAY THAT THEY WERE NT RT IN OPPOSING THAT, BUT BLV ME THEY HAD REALLY VALID REASON FR IT...WILL NT GO INTO DETAILS!!!

:- remember there was whole nation strike from pharmicists whn VAT was applied!!evn then they took care of the fact that public shud nt get affected due to it, but still no avail!!!

so the morale of the whole story is "jab tak inko affect nahee hooga , inke kaan per juu nahee raingeigee!!!( till the time they are nt affected they will be least bothered!!)

ALSO fr ur pt y only medico's...so evn i agree with that & i am proud to say that i was (along with my grp) , a part of the whole protest!!! nt to get any publicity...but becauz i will be really affected with it!!
also i will reqst that till the time we get a +ive response on it, we shud atleast always be aware of the situation...(i wear a black wrist band that reminds me of the same...anytime & evrytime!! taht's just my way!!!)

shrijit_s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Though I had hrd abt the eviction drive in Delhi...I dunno much abt its details. As mentioned by u even in the case of d VAT protests the public did get affected in the end. Similarly in this case also the public will suffer in the end. And I don't think the govt will be conerned with the public's sufferring. On the other hand, the govt will show the protesting doctors as the villians & d affected people will belive them....So its quite a difficult situation...anyways as mentioned now d ball is in d supreme court, our last hope....

I am very proud abt the fact that u r part of this protest and kudos to u!!

fite_2_finish

well i am certainly in favour of the medical students gone on strike....well wen u said that tht they r putting the lives of the patients on risk bt dont u think so that here they r jus giving and getting nothing back in return......well i really do believe in give n take thing....the medical students's interests should also be well protected by the government....and one should definitely fight for one's rights...and just imagine the situation wen u have gone for an interview and there instead of you who is highly qualified and perfectly correct for the post bt instead of u any person who is less qualified than u gets the post how would u feel?? well u will definitely feel dejected and will feel to fight isnt it?? so the same thing is goin here with medical students.....

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
fite_2_finish said:
well i am certainly in favour of the medical students gone on strike....well wen u said that tht they r putting the lives of the patients on risk bt dont u think so that here they r jus giving and getting nothing back in return......well i really do believe in give n take thing....the medical students's interests should also be well protected by the government....and one should definitely fight for one's rights...and just imagine the situation wen u have gone for an interview and there instead of you who is highly qualified and perfectly correct for the post bt instead of u any person who is less qualified than u gets the post how would u feel?? well u will definitely feel dejected and will feel to fight isnt it?? so the same thing is goin here with medical students.....
totally agree with u anuja...

What we need in our country is a never let die revolution. Personally, i see this nothing short of a revolution... A revolution for the liberation of the country from the clutches of corrupt politics!

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
shrijit_s said:
Well ...most of d responses are in favour of d strike & I see intense frustration against the govt as a reason for supporting the strike..

I am against any kind of strike which happens, be it by employees of any company, or the bmc employees etc. Every person has a fundamental right to health and the seriousness of one's ill health shud not decide whthr he shud be treated urgently or can be postponed...

I also know that the govt is making a huge mistake by bringing in reservations...however two wrongs do not make a right and IMO the strike is a wrong thing...I am very much in favour of the docs and d non medical students to continue with protests in any other form...

BTW update is that the docs have withdrawn their strike due to the SC warning and they will return to their work. however, they may continue holding protests during their lunch break.

Cheers!!
Hi Shrijit,
i respect ur opinion... but then answer me.. what's the purpose of strikes? The person who invented the idea of strikes, thought of this thing and that's why he invented it. During strikes , except the essential services, all others are not available.

Its not that all the doctors are on strike. The number of striking students are lesser. Now think of this thing. If they break the strike, then what message does it reach others. That they had been striking for nothing and they've finally knelt b4 the pro reservationists!! The entire cause would go down the drain.

Buddy, for achieving something gr8... gr8 sacrifices have to be made and gr8 pain has to be undertaken. The ppl who have been hungry for days now... the student who died... what's the whole point of the aggitation, if u finally bow before the merciless?? I'm not getting emotional here, but telling u in full senses... think of the reality.

and even if they break their strikes, do u ever think they would achieve their objectives? Today its educational institutions, tomorrow its jobs... and God knows what will be next?

As i said, we need a revolution... and this is it. There's no stopping back now.

Regards,
Gaurav

shrijit_s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
@ Gaurav - I wont be talking abt the good or bad abt Doctor's strike in this post, because I wud just be repeating my previous points and so won't make any sense. But I would just clarify my stand abt Strikes per se

Strikes were invented in the past because there was a real need for that. The workers had minimal rights and there was a need for them to revolt and thus the concept of strike came into being. However now the strike has digressed from being a weapon of revolt to a weapon of Blackmail. The recent strikes are just pure extortion.

Lets take some examples. the recent strike by the airport employeees against modernisation. The aviation industry has come into being for the benefit Travellers. The industry was never made for the employees and so the benefit to the consumers should be the first criteria in any policy regarding the aviation industry. The govt wants to bring the pvt sector into modernising some airports, because they are crappy currently and there is a drastic need to improve. Look at any aiport in India and u ll get an idea of this need. So the govt wants to bring in some private help, but what happens?? The employees go on strike saying that this is privatisation and that they can do the job better. Geeezzz we have been seeing their job for the last few years and it sucks. So they go on a strike as pure blackmail. And who was inconvenieced? the consumers, for whom this industry has come into being...Isnt that wierd??

So I say again that I dont support strikes in the current scenario precisely due to this. Another example is the strike of BMC employees in bombay every Diwali in the name of Bonus.

As mentioned b4 I wont say anything regarding doctor's strike in this post...

Cheers!!

themaharana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey shrijit, but dont u think that our fundamental right of equality is violated by this quotas. and if u are so much against strike. plz suggest some other ways to protest against this govt move.