Television is better than books.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
TV brings you the news and other updates faster than books.You can know all the happenings a few mins by sitting before the TV.But there is always some pleasure in reading books.TV can be a good stressbuster after hrs of study but there is only a thin line of distinction b/wn a stressbuster and addiction.In recent times,you have to very careful about the selection of channels in TV.But books give a different feel about the story.You can enjoy a particular language only by reading.Even in this internet era,the best friend to share the morning coffee is the newspaper and nobody can beat it.

My vote would be for the books.

-Deepak.

kitarp87

obviously boss.....TV's are better today when compared to books to gain knowledge....:SugarwareZ-109:
for eg: Watching CNBC TV 18 will give you more knowledge when compared to reading the same topics in books. :SugarwareZ-140:

yes in many terms but no also in terms of effect on societal structure or culture or living.yes t.v gives you current and quick information compared to books. but books gives you a concrete knowledge. it is always personal discretion to things to watch and read .but if this would be the case then why do newspapers circulation are increasing day by day.everything around you wants to teach but it depends on the person wat he absorves and wat he rejects .every coin has two sides and that two sides can never be compared in general.t.v and books are two genre and we cannot compare it as things having same properties.

vips11

no not at all television is not better than books :SugarwareZ-191: tv is just a time pass thing it waste your precious time instead of that u can read a good book and gain knowledge.:bigsmile:

username123

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
In Todays world, no body has time to go through books. thats where TV comes in and there are channels which provide excellent content. I am forgetting the names. Can someone name them?

biokau

Telly is a faster, concise presentation of current knowledge ( depending on the channel, my personal favs are NGC, Discovery et al ). Books are good as novels, as resource materials for data that might not be available online. Books make excellent companions to television. You watch television first for ideas and then look up books for more knowledge on that subject. Its simple. A broad definition of books includes webpages too.

dead.bunnies

Television is better.

Television isn't only for children but also for the father, mother and teenage children. The whole family could even watch a movie together. The family could have fun, bond together and learn at the same time... plus its more entertaining.. (moving pictures and sounds.... you don't have to know how to read)

avi@tel

Hi ,
I am a newbie
My first post.
I believe Television & books are two different entities & both are equally important in the modern world.
Television is an entertainment come information provider while books make you think & joy of language .
I personally prefer books since it makes of feel calm & you can have ample time to relate.

But saying that certain aspects like wildlife,news & games cannot be provided by books.

Hence ,
From my point of view these are not comparable entitites

neha_fab

books no doubt give you knowledge but tv is a faster means to gain current info and accurate one at that. but books can b reffered back to so i guess it is usefull if u requirre reffering back to any stuff. i guss both have their own advantages and disadvantages.

saurabh.jain.mits

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well, i believe most of the people watch TV for entertainment rather than knowledge.In TV visual things are not static means you can only see the things which are telecasted on particular channel and on particular time, but in books you can read whenever you wants .
so my vote goes for books.