Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) > HOT Debates - The Big Fight

managers or enterpreneurs -what should be the objective of b-school???

Discuss managers or enterpreneurs -what should be the objective of b-school??? within the HOT Debates - The Big Fight forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; B-schools are not much interested in creating entrepreneurs. they are happy with managers. Advertisements...

Re: managers or enterpreneurs -what should be the objective of b-school???
Old
Srini S
anyzen is an unknown quantity at this point

anyzen
AP
Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
Management Paradise Newbie

Re: managers or enterpreneurs -what should be the objective of b-school??? - March 27th, 2009

B-schools are not much interested in creating entrepreneurs. they are happy with managers.
Advertisements

Friends: (0)
Old
divya28
divya28 is an unknown quantity at this point

divya28
raipur

Institute: Disha college
Re: managers or enterpreneurs -what should be the objective of b-school??? - March 27th, 2009

In my opinion entreprenures r born, they caanot be made...... The famous B-school can only explore the qualites ,which r present in them.So the objective of b-school should be managers & explore their qualities....
Old
trance
trance is an unknown quantity at this point

trance
Automobile sector
Jaipur

Institute: ICECD Ahmedabad
Re: managers or enterpreneurs -what should be the objective of b-school??? - April 16th, 2009

With my first step in my college, I was rather myself a curious case. I dint knew what practical they would let me into for an entrepreneurship course while my other friends were taking up general management courses. But positively I graduated with my EME (Enterprise Management and Entrepreneurship) program from ICECD, Ahmedabad in a year. My other firends were doing their summers in some companies and I was busy meeting with my finance consultants to start my own ventures. However, many of MBA graduates might think of starting their own ventures or companies 5-10 years down the line, but the cross functional expertise is sometimes not added to their skills by experience also. Provided this, they land up in doing the same job for years and never could start up their business.
MBA colleges should also focus on how/what are the opportunities of entrepreneurship in present economy and taking into considerations past examples.
Old
Akshat Jain
Akshat Jain is an unknown quantity at this point

Akshat Jain
Consultant at IBM

Institute: PDMCE
Re: managers or enterpreneurs -what should be the objective of b-school??? - April 16th, 2009

Hi

Manager or Entrepreneur, it completely depends on your orientation and career goals.
In management institutes what they teach us is usually related to making us managers. They teach us how to calculate risks and evaluate the associated rewards, which actually takes us away from entrepreneurship.
Old
trance
trance is an unknown quantity at this point

trance
Automobile sector
Jaipur

Institute: ICECD Ahmedabad
Re: managers or enterpreneurs -what should be the objective of b-school??? - May 6th, 2009

The country needs job creators for decreasing unemployment

Business:Entrepreneur
Edu: PGDM ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP