Will quota decision increase Brain Drain

amardeep.rishi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Keeping American dreams in their eyes lots of india's young generation is already eager to leave india due to numerous reasons.Whatu think will this quota decision is going to effect Brain Drain issue again?As its a decision to put the future of young generation in geoparady.Will they fight for the rights or move ahead in life for better future for themselves and future to come...
??

aspire

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
yes most likely .. those who could afford it .. and dint go earlier .. will not give competition exams a second go here in india .. obviosuly they will look for greener pasteurs .. and just wait and see the advertising blitskreig of foreign schools post quota implementation

regards
shailesh

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Win win situation man

Arjun + Quota = Vote bank

Arjun + Quota = Bribe from abroad university

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
Considering the fact the abrod offers lesser competition, better job prospects, higher salaries, no reservations an equal opportunities, based on merit... I wuld say, yes!

amardeep.rishi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well my thoughts r no diffrent from urs buddies but the fix is...is it going to be the solution for this?who will take this country to the heights it deserve..yesterday students at AIIMS saw"rang de basanti"once again...and i think that was less for entertainment and more for a cause.
No doubt looking at the prospectives and gains...concept of brain drain will increase and it will make sense too.But any inkling regarding what shud be?How v shud proceed?I request all engineer fraternity to come fwd.as the next insane step could appluy reservation in private sector too....i have no clue where Ambani's,Tata,s,Mittals,Bajaj and all big guns r....

hawk31981

A definate Yes one of the reasons for brain drain is less opportunities and quotas just reduces the opportunities even further so the best option will be to go abroad besides this it gives us a lot of other benefits also like better job prospects salary etc. Also in the long run with incompitent people passing out from educational institutions it will meen more incompitent people getting teaching jobs and then passing what knowledge they never bothered to acquire to others increasing the sum total of incompetent people just think about the cascade effect. The simple fact is that then these so highly qualified incompetents will want jobs and the industry (hopefully no reservations there )will not accept them so the option left will be teaching where there are already quotas in some states. This will then leave the bright students just the options of stay in India and learn nouthing or go abroad and get a quality education and a career

Ps: It should be noted that when we have a whole bunch of "highly qualified" and unemployed lower casts in a few years. Then the government will say that the industry is discriminating against them or there will be lobby groups like in the US which force these companies to employ the so called educated under privilaged thus further destroying both the industry and thus the opportunities for those who really deserve them

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
Initially, there was "satyug" where there was no caste-creed. Bhagwan Ram used to eat fruits from the hands of a poor woman, named "shabari"

Now there is this political yug, where politicians are just hell bent, to display "OBC" as some special organism.... I heard in the news, that OBCs move around arrogantly, painting Proud to be an OBC on their faces... bet these guys, would never have painted "proud to be an indian" before..

Branding urself OBC before an Indian....... I can say....
It happens Only in India...................

hawk31981

gaurav200x u may have heard this a couple of months ago i have seen an OBC employee (got the job of a clerk at the perticular college through quota ) threaten the principal and two faculty members saying that they were discriminating against him when the fact was that he was really inefficient and while these people take great pride in claming OBC status and reservations try refering to them by their caste and see the reaction. Just bloody double standards

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
hawk31981 said:
gaurav200x u may have heard this a couple of months ago
No dude! read it in the news item (Get Ahead) of rediff.com today

hawk31981 said:
i have seen an OBC employee (got the job of a clerk at the perticular college through quota ) threaten the principal and two faculty members saying that they were discriminating against him when the fact was that he was really inefficient and while these people take great pride in claming OBC status and reservations try refering to them by their caste and see the reaction. Just bloody double standards

that's a hardcore reality!:SugarwareZ-064:

Sons of OBC netas claim for reservation, when they r totally useless and have every financial comfort.... What the heck they need reservation for? and then they dun study at all and fail. This seat can be given to a more brilliant person whether OBC or any category.

amardeep.rishi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Good news is this..that the senior members from law side also wants some clarifications on this quota system as according to them it is not making sense...groups from people demanding govt to give the details of progress happned in last 10 years due to quota.
Today Drs are ging to arrange a rally in delhi against it....Have u seen one thing guys....this issue is loosing it;s ground in media...Don't know y..media is intrested in india west indies cricket serious....how v shud play and crap....y it is not bringing the reality out....Probably due to political pressure.....Trust me this Aaaj tak and star news r just concentrating on Cricket...in which too india is doing a damn.....they can have a debate on it for hours but not a 15 min programs on protest all across it...Dr is sitting on hunger strike...zero coverage......bludy zee news in intrested in Shahrukh khan's book...full 30 min prog on that.....
God knows what will happen...

hawk31981

the media just goes after what in their opinion will sell they have no interest in our problems if any of these channels had the guts to rip the politicians apart on a regular basis due to the reservations issue and show some programs about how reservations are really just deviding us. They could also show how reservations have failed inspite of having been in place for arround 50 years. Besides this just a few cases of politicians burocrats and industrialists children getting admission under OBC quota or some sting operations showing that OBC certificates can be bought and the whole thing is just a joke we would have had a much larger momentum with us . The problem we face is that a large section of the middle class is verry self centered and short sighted and they do not want to get involved in anything unless they see that it is really going to affect them and this job can only be done by the media. Our fight is not just for us it is for the future of the whole country . Whatever happens the fight must go on.

Even if i comes under the category of obc, i'm against the reservation quotas, actually b'coz , in 2day's world even if obc people r rich. they takes undue advantage of the quota system & gets admission easily -even if he has less marks than talented open category student-on the basis of reservation quota system.

Actually, this quota system is made for the people/students who r economically-backward, but in 2day's world, scenario is changed.
It should be only & only for the students who r economically-backward or weak. The students who can't afford higher amount for studies in colleges & have dreams to study but can't study only b'coz of money, for them , it should be there (reservation quota).

That's it. Keep posting.

hawk31981

rahul_parab2006 said:
Even if i comes under the category of obc, i'm against the reservation quotas, actually b'coz , in 2day's world even if obc people r rich. they takes undue advantage of the quota system & gets admission easily -even if he has less marks than talented open category student-on the basis of reservation quota system.

Actually, this quota system is made for the people/students who r economically-backward, but in 2day's world, scenario is changed.
It should be only & only for the students who r economically-backward or weak. The students who can't afford higher amount for studies in colleges & have dreams to study but can't study only b'coz of money, for them , it should be there (reservation quota).

That's it. Keep posting.

Thats the spirit we should see in every Indian and only when we see such a spirit and a dedication to the truth will India Truely become a Great Nation

vivekrungta

in my opinion , the people who are striving for reservations in all these various fields have mistaken themselves in the following way...
there is a famous quote that says..

" Keep working hard and you can get anything that you want. If God gave you the talent, you should go for it. But don't think it's going to be easy. It's hard! " -Aaliyah
i think they have mistaken "obc..(and others)" as the talent which god has given to them and thus they are fighting for it...
if this is so.....
let us teach them the correct meaning of talent guys...
let us all together rectify their mistake ...
let us all make it HARD for them to achieve in what they want!!!!
REGARDS,
VIVEK!!!

amardeep.rishi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Where the reservation bug is??????this is a quality of indians....v forget and gorgive very soooon...
who knows what happened what will happen.....news is totally vanished....can anyone update me plz!!

dkm

:SugarwareZ-064:
Several Indian prefer to stay in India despite the offers of huge salaries and perks abroad. Why ?
Just because of their sence of association with India.
The reservation matter has hurt the sence of association among talented youth.
If the Governement goes ahead with its proposal for further reservation, many people will prefer to stay in developed country becuase materially they are much better there; and emotionally they are as bad in India as in developed country.
The politicians are going the sell the nation.

creat!ve

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i gota agree, my view seems no different then other, we beening indians are screwed in our own motherland, what the pt stay in here uh?

avishek1112

yap...m wit u guyz.....if they really deserve it why do they need quota...let them compete wit everyone else and prove themselves...dis arjun singhs pet project is goinn to deeply affect the image of IIMs and IITs and AIIMs...if it has not already done so enough...the standard of education is obviously goin to drop...mor dan that after a few years i think everyone wud have to q at private colleges for good studies and dat is not goin to come cheap...50% quota cannot b justified by any reasoning...and obviously dis is goin to increase brain drain...we were startin to look at bright prospects in india...it was india shinig...but it will all change...

creat!ve

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Reservations for minorities......lol....is this some kind of a joke. Hellooo ....Cong/commies etc, ... have you all forgotten that India was meant to be a secular country. Religious reservations-HOW SECULAR! :l
I mean, others exists too...the majority, the other minorites..etc.
Its like if I start a religion of my own (me being the only follower) and if i am disadvantaged, should I be elligible for a reservation too?LOL..I guess no.
Reservations if at all should be only based on economic condition of people. Say Azim Premji's (I respect him a lot) son needed an addmission, he can get admission on a reserved Muslim seat. GOd..does he need it?...i mean would it be fair. It would almost be funny.
Further these reservations might lead to further prejudice in the rest of the people, and that would definitely more than negate whatever miniscule benefit they would get, harming them even more. It will further a 'victim' mindset in them.
This divisive policy would be fatal. I mean , is secularism pampering and favouring a religious lot..(who are not particularly known for their tolerant past and present. THe religion itself is quite strict, fundamentalist and static in its evolution, and is stubborn to change with times.no offense meant.)..which is not too secular itself.
I mean I am absolutely fine EVERYONE getting equal rights (I staunchly support that). But favouritism in a secular country should not be tolerated, especially if there is little need or if it is likely to show no benefit as past reservation history has shown.

bonddonraj

MP Guru
WHAT DO WE WANT?
We want the government to immediately scrap reservations.

WHY?
1.Reservations compromise the quality of medical care as merit is ignored and those who might not be competent enough might get seat.
2.Reservations have been a colossal failure.If 60 years after initiating reservations the govt is feeling the need to extend them, it is but obvious that these measures have failed.Needed instead are newer & more innovative measures like better facilities.
3.Reservations are crutches which severely limit the ability of such backward communities to equal or even better others.
4.Such measures do not benefit the really improverished and backward people, rather only end up dividing us.
5.Reservations add momentum to the already increasing trend of braindrain

We feel that NOW is the time to take matters in our hands as it is OUR future at stake.

For our voice to be heard, it is imperative to form a representative body of students from all across India. We shouldn't be divided into Eng, medical, law, arts, science, commerce, etc.

THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU OR ME , THIS IS ABOUT US.

HOW TO GO ABOUT ACHIEVING THIS?
1) MOBILISING PUBLIC OPINION. Via media, demonstrations, signature campaigns.
2) LEGAL RECOURSE. Filing PIL (esp against reservation at postgraduate level)

Therefore we invite all Indians who feel stongly about this and wish to contribute in some way. We should be united, and make a powerful statement on this issue.

We realise that achieving this is an uphill task.... but we also believe ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE.