Is bollywood ready to take on Hollywood????????

Abby

I feel NO..........

bollywood shd mk movies wch r close to real life.....they shd be original.....direction need to improve..... many more and more

:SugarwareZ-191: :SugarwareZ-191: :SugarwareZ-191: :SugarwareZ-191:

amit_studies

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I dont know if bollywood is ready, but thats for sure that Corporates are..

Anil Ambani has signed Brad Pitt, Angelina, etc. for some movies..

amit.

rnagar78

i dont think so the reason is that bollywood is not so technological advanced in film technique as compared to hollywood( example jurassic park kingkong etc).

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Bollywood is not ready to take on Hollywood.I would blame a part on the Technical aspects.On the other hand the story and creativity ofthe two indsutry can't be compared.Hollywood is able to take a small concept and present it in an amazing sense.Though we have equally qualified ppl in India,still we are nt able to match tht of the Hollywood(itz pathetic :().Of late,I'm atleast able to spot a few movies like Lagaan,TZP,RDB which are better than normal B'wood movies.Moreover,I feel Heroines are mostly used for skinshows in B'wood.There are lot of stories that doesn't require heroines but has it only for the commercial aspects.The good fact abt the B'wood is the comedians are found in most of the films.You don't find tht in H'wood often.

In Bollywood,Story for the hero/heroine.
In Hollywood,Hero for the story.

-Deepak.

RC1327

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
yes i think bollywood is somewhat the teenager look of hollywood.we need more mature scripts here and stop copyinghollywood stories.well the visualfx has increased alot as well as the production budget.interms of purchasing power parity they are reallly hollywood big projects.but then we need more innovation

toxicboa

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
c'mon guys, we still have more than a decade to ramble before Bollywood reaches the category of Hollywood.............i am not being a pessimist.....but ultimately we shud accept the truth........Take for eg., LOTR-1,2,3 can actually teach us what an actual fictional hollywood movie is like.........indian movies have a long way to tread in india........

chins

r u joking ??????/////////
look at day after tomorrow, vertical limit, resident evil nnn so onn ....... indian producers n directors cant afford to dream of repeating d same or even getting nywer close to them ..
not being a critic of bollywood.. but itz jus not our cup of tea ..
n even our directors cant dream ny movie except touch of emotion to it .. so frgt dat ..

teja12

Banned
Each has its own place...................................................................................................

arjunswami

Very true,the COST is the differentiating factor.Even an ordinary hollywood movie's budget is much more than the most expensive of bollywood movies n thus the difference in the quality of te special effects.Also,undoubtedly,English has more global appeal than Hindi n thus hollywood has a mammoth market whereas bollywood has a restricted audience.But having said dat,i think Bollywood can stand on its own n v definitely hv the potential 2 b distinctive.The only thing dat needs 2 change is dat v got 2 stop immitating Hollywood.Instead,v need 2 enhance the basic attributes by which our movies r identified with....like r social culture,the bollywood songs,the colors,etc. N i think bollywood is evolving well.V hv had some out-of-the-box movies in the last few years thereby stating dat bollywood has started 2 experiment wid ideas,which is the way 2 go.

shlshgaikwad

thats right. both are equally good at their own places designed for entertaining the audiences of the particular area(i am not defending the lacklusture of bollywood) what i am trying to say is whatever will be produced by industrialists will be according to demand supply economics.if masses requires movies like that of bollywood in india and not like that of hollywood then of course nobody will think of producing such a technologically advanced movies.untill and unless one thinks about it one cant innovate something.thats the need of time to change our mindsets.

adiishi

Banned
r u joking ??????/////////
look at day after tomorrow, vertical limit, resident evil nnn so onn ....... indian producers n directors cant afford to dream of repeating d same or even getting nywer close to them ..
not being a critic of bollywood.. but itz jus not our cup of tea ..

neha archana

:SugarwareZ-262:yes bollywood ready to take on hollywood. if u will see the movie like "koi mil gaya" "krish" "dhoom2"then u can easily realise the effect of bollywood. day by day use of technology is encouraging in bollywood.the standard of hindi cinema is increasing.:SugarwareZ-292: