Will IPL be lik EPL ????????

Abby

I feel yes

IPL will be a gr8 platform for all the player to showcase their talent express their supremacy ......

IPL will also improve they local talent but it will hamper the cricket on large as the players who are best hitters will survive and gt the fame while the players born to play test match will be dishearten

amit_studies

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
what is EPL?

Anyway, as far as IPL is concerned I think IPL is diluting the spirit of real cricket.. I mean cricket is less of a sport more of an entertainment..

rajesh.irman

The domestic players are getting a feel of fierce competition and are playing under the guidelines of biggies like Sachin, Gilli, MacGrath, etc.
The problem is not of entertainment versus cricket. Cricket has to be for entertainment if played in true spirit. The problem will be the excess of it,,,

rnagar78

I THINK THAT IPL IS INDIAN PAISA LEAGUE AND NOT INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE.AND PLAYERS PLAY FOR MONEY AND NOT FOR COUNTRY.
ALSO THIS FORM OF CRICKET WILL RUIN THE ONEDAY AND TEST CRICKET WHICH IS ACTUAL CRICKET.
IT WILL ALSO HARMFUL FOR SPORTSMAN SPIRIT AS THE CASE OF HARBHAJAN-SREESANTH.

kaliste

hello,

In my humble opinion this comparison is bit like comparing apples and oranges.

There is too much hype for IPL albeit it has been a hit this year, what matters most whether the clubs can establish a club culture in this country. For that there is a long way to go, until then it nothing more than glorified tournament designed explicitly for TV which is fun at times.

Few basic facts
1.) In europe especially england clubs have existed for 100 years or more
2.) There exists a traditional pool of supporters for each club
3.) They are played over whole season and not few weeks
4.) The clubs are more than clubs I.e ppl just do not go only for matches, there exists whole lot more franchise business.
5.) Albeit EPL itself is decade and a bit older it is an evolution (From prv league) and not a fresh start-up

regards

rajnid

I dont think it would be...Already matches are becoming a bore and especially with soaring ticket prices i Think the next season of IPL might become a slump!

ashu9801

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
" Cricket has to be for entertainment" i disagree on that completely. If entertainment is seen by the audience, its on their skills and how tight the end of the match could be. A team doesn't make direction so how 'who' should be batting further. Entertainment is scripted, not sport.
IPL is more abt the money .. not good for the sport. The T20 set for international competion was more in the spirit of the sport.

And in EPL, exclusive of entertainment money coming in, clubs ve competition and could be relegated for not playing at their best sport.