Leaders are born or created

chitradalvi

i think leaders r created through their sincere efforts towards work and their commitment to work wid zeal and their ability to get the work done rather than pushin d work ....all these qualities makes them able to be called as a leader ......................

hi every1... i have just joined this group & this is my first post so plz go easy on me....
well, i feel leadership is an inherent quality which can't be imbibed that easily & comes naturally to leaders ...but saying so, i do feel that if leadership skills & initiative taking prowess are not exercised by one in one's life on a daily basis then even born leaders lose this charismatic asset called 'LEADERSHIP' & their inherent leadership skills are wasted...over time they turn out to be mere followers although they could've become great leaders...

adinsaw

Leaders are both Born And Created.

A leader is one who is capable of leading others in the right direction and can act as a saviour to his followers.

Some people have these qualities instilled in thier blood they know what they are born for.

Some due to various psychological and physical consequences become leaders.

Every group and community needs a leader who cam guide and mentor the community into harmony and growth.
Be it any field,There will always be a unique troop of individuals who are always in a position to initiate and are not afraid of the consequences.

pushpraj23

Leaders are created. The best examples of this is movie 10000 B.C.
This movie very well explain the journey of common man to a Leader

harshsolanki.06

Leaders are not leaders right from the birth.....leaders are those who learn things from the failures and make their own way to lead the world...

basila

Leaders aren't born. Neither are great artists, but both are born with potential.
If being a leader means challenging the status quo, then you need youthful rebelliousness to stand up and be counted. This is a character trait you were born with or developed very early in life - it is not a learned skillset.
To lead, you need the following traits or qualities:
a spirit of adventure - the urge to explore, break new ground, challenge the status quo, stand up for what you believe, risk rejection, rebel against authority, innovate.
an ability to influence - by example, logical argument, enthusiasm, persistence or painting a visionary picture.
something you think is worth saying, to improve the world around you.
the courage to speak out and the willingness to risk group rejection.
it doesn't require a drive to dominate people, only a desire to differentiate yourself, to make your mark.

Strictly speaking, no one is born a leader, just as no one is born a talented artist. But you can be born with the underlying traits that make you a potential artist given the right stimulus and environment. Similarly, exploratory, rebellious characters could become criminals rather than leaders depending on circumstances, so it is the potential you are born with, not full scale leadership. Mozart was not born a musician after all - just with the creative potential to become one.

EVERYONE can show some leadership - you don't have to be an out and out rebel. Anyone with suggestions to make to improve things can show leadership at least on a small, local scale. We all have good ideas for doing things better. It's just a matter of speaking up and persisting until you win support for your views. You don't have to be a manager to be a leader.

simplyshaila

hmm.....even i think leaders are created..... sumtime a person has to lead if the situation forces but wether he ultimately succedes in leading depends on his leadership quality..thus to become a leader 1 shud hav the blend of quality as well as the proper environment around

ssss_hhhh

hi guys
i think some people are born leaders and some inculcate such quality in them.All this depends upon one's zeal, passion to lead the world.
thanks..........

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
leaders are a combination of inherent qualities and acquired skills n abilities. We can't underestimate n e 1 of these. A leader doesn't only need to be rebellious but has to have many qualities like,,.innovative,creative,have d guts to initiate, motivating, role model to others ,good MANAGERS, good communicator and a very good listener too... The list can go on. And if a person lacks in n e of these qualities he or she can acquire it if they r willing to do it.

rinkesh

I think Leader are not born nor created,, Anyone can become a leader,, its just a matter of realising you potentials and channelizing them in the right right direction with all focus...

amit_studies

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I believe leaders are neither born nor are they created..

they are forced to become leaders due to pressure from the enivornment..

Lets take the example, of Late JRD tata, the reason why he became a great leader is as follows: Once Tata had been to a british hotel in Bombay, and just because he was Indian he was not allowed.. And thats when he decided that we would start Taj, where in one day these brithishers would come and stay..

If your still not convinced lets look at another example of Mahatma Gandhi.

The reason he why decided to lead was because he faced lot of problems in South Africe..

So i feel its more of situational.. so in a way it can be said that they are made leaders..

Amit.

beone

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
circumstances creates leaders... no one can born as leader. some characteristics can come from our genes but social environment forces people to become someone...

saigopal

Very rare are born as leaders.

But most of the leaders are created at situations when chances are given to him or he creates a chances.

Sai

akshayvannery

the term leaders itself is an illusion....or at best a relative term.
leadership is seen in everyone ranging from a shepherd herding his flock of sheep to the greats like Gandhi, Guevara, Lenin, Eisenhower to name a few rather glaring personalities in history.
leadership is not a quality which can be instilled in you since birth...
CIRCUMSTANCES maketh a leader....
if "mohandas" wasnt pushed off a train, he would never have been recognised as the bapu of anyone but his 4 children. :-D
extreme political distress and the burning need for social reform forges steel minds like guevara, lenin, bhagat singh, azad, etc.
the only reason we dont see such influential men walking amongst us today, is the fact that we live in an age of relative calm and peace, where reform is a few miles away....
thus, i conclude by saying that if probably WE were subject to such gross injustice, even we would decorate the pages of history half a century later....
:drum:

ankitgokani

MP Guru
It is wrong to say that leaders are born. If leaders are born then what is the need of education, institution and knowledge. The LEAD INDIA campaign as I believed from beginning is not to invent born leader but to create leaders within the society. In almost all the discussions, arguments and speeches, I have quoted the sincere effort of The Times of India (TOI) to create leaders in society. But this sentence ‘Leader is born’ defeated the whole cause of creating a leadership quality in masses.

India does not need few leaders but many-many leaders. India needs leaders in bulk. As world thinkers have rightly pointed out that leaders can be created, generated and groomed. India needs thousands of them and India can not wait for them to be born. TOI must understand this.

I am surprise to see such statement from The Times of India whose sister paper The Economics Times recently wrote about John Kotter professor emeritus, Harvard Business School came to India to sell his book and ideas. He came to India with the promise to make leader not search leaders. And The Economics Times wrote his ideas extensively in 24 Aug 2007 paper. Through his work, John Kotter wants to create a 100 million leaders in the next 20 years. And I wrote blog on this explaining where he could have gone to make leaders. India is the right place.

Every individual is born similar. The extensive DNA research costing billions have confirmed the old disbelief of human beings. No body is born with any pre-conceived ideas. No body is born Rajput, Pundit or Chamar. No body is born genius. All human beings are born same with the same blood irrespective of religion, region and caste. All are same. The distinction was created earlier to maintain the calmness in society but today that same calmness is keeping the society deprived and poor. This fallacy has to be understood by our thinkers, educators and intellectuals. Leaders are made.

Once all are same why these discriminations on earth between people are being created through intensive and misguided writings by misinformed intellectuals. It is all because of our ancestors who have taught us to remain backward, forward, Rajput, Gujjars or Brahmans. We need to unlearn these poisonous teachings of our ancestors.

Surprisingly, our intelligentsia is not helping to achieve the equality needed to achieve the growth in 21st century. If we do not unlearn these wrong teaching fast, we will have to pay heavily by remaining deprived for even basic amenities. India will remain developing because of these handicaps.