With Chinese mobiles comming in Indian Mkt,will it pose a threat to other mob brands

melroy88

With Chinese mobiles comming in Indian Mkt,will it pose a threat to other mob brands like Nokia , Samsung , Motorola.

These chinese cell are available in many places , and are affordable by everyone. They hav few added and Enhanced features.
Only problem is the gurantee.
So can we say that if a chinese brand comes in India and provides a serivce centre and warranty for these cells. Its going to sweep the market smoothly.

cijothomas

I too heard chinese mobile already hit streets... camera, edge and all stuff and price less than 4000rupees!!

If the quality is good enough, then they will definitely posses a threat! no doubt!
but it take some time for the chinese mobiles to conquer the market..

It is this period of time to watch out for... If the existing companeis dodnt make much move then they might be in troubl!!

Letssee!

suvarnamnaik

Chinese products cannot compete NOKIA with capabilities & aesthetic features.
In INDIA people dont easily shift to the new product available.

I too heard of many chinese products which would concern to other manufacturers..........

Whr r the chinese cycles which were supposed to hit indian market.

It will not cause any problem

well ....
most of the Chinese products can be said to be highly unreliable..
the most important reason is - absence of quality control
this also gives an advantage in cost of product
because quality control adds to cost hence its absence facilitates in lowering prices

i have also seen them but if you ask for guarantee from the retailer, he will shy off...
so my friends - my advice : chinese mobiles are good to look at but bad for pocket and users

mms0633

Brands take a long time to make a mark in people minds, & the very fact that mobile is from china sends out a wrong signal to indian consumer because of country of origin aspect. so i dont fell that it would hamper current brands but they would instead boost telecom sales as even poorest of people would be able to buy handset at lowest possible cost.

thedevilj

All what matters in the end is the quality....which in this case is pathetic.

the phones stop functioning after some point of time.. the sound quality is really bad added with the problem of bluetooth which crashes periodically.

dwivedipuneet

definately chinese brands would effect the sales of the other mobile brands because people wants to change their mobile phones very often and with chinese mobiles they will be able to do thet as these will be cheaply available.and also brands like nokia, sony errickson,etc would be compelled to reduce their prices.customer is definately be benefitted with it.

if here we are concerned with poor customers then too ultimately just for show off they will be wasting their money. beacause once gone chinese mobile are of no use. today companies are bringing down the prices. thanks to samsung, LG and "INDIGENIOUS" spice.

NOKIA HAS ALWAYS CHARGED HIGHLY. and there customer care centers are flooded with problem stinged poor customers.

LG has launched a mp3 player mobile and as far as i have info it is worth 1999. i dont think this is too costly for them.

just opining !

hellraiSEr_007

Hello everyone,
This is my first post in Management Paradise.

I went through the threads in this section. What I feel is that, these new mobiles wont be taken by tech savvy consumers who know what they want. Besides technology, what is required is a good after sales service. The current chinese brands dont provide the same. Besides, the build quality is not up to the mark. Some mobiles look as if they are built from recycled plastic. Agreed, they provide all the new features at a price far less then their counterparts, but what about the quality of the features. Lets see ... music playing capability. The earphones bundled with the mobiles take away the fun in listening music. It sounds very bland. The bluetooth headsets hang during elongated use.... The shortcomings are many. These mobiles would be bought by those who are buying their mobiles for the first time, and are on a shoestring budget. They need the mobile just for talking, sending an odd SMS or two, and the added features are an icing on the cake. People who have used mobiles for long wont be tempted by these cheap copies. So I dont think companies like Sony or Nokia would be affected much by these mobiles. Eventually when even the budgeted user comes to know about these shortcomings, he too would prefer to buy a branded handset even though it comes with lesser features, just because it has one feature not provided by the chinese mobiles....... Peace of mind.

cijothomas

Who said Chinese products dont have quality??? China produces most stuffs for USA... even surgical blades are made from china!

Quality control is to be implemented NOT IN CHINA>> but in our COUNTRY to check quality of import goods.. if we dont restrict.. chinee will send us low-fi goods to us and hi-fi ones to usa and all!

rashiwalia

yeah obviously it will affect the market bt the customers who are brand consious will nt go for the chinese phones as they not at all reliable

brutalboar

The quality aspect is a very big issue here as China produces good as well as bad quality products for the world... but in India except for "some really brand loyal" people who cares for quality... all that matters is price...and as you must know that these phones are fully loaded and have extra features too with a price tag of less than 5000....they can pose threat to the tier II and III cities market in India. Atleast they have made their mark ...this can be said by the very fact that we all hare are having discussion over this topic without having seen any advertisement or promotion of the product........ however in my opinion the guarantee part is the most crucial thing here.... most people still dont like to invest if they are not guaranteed something good.. as it is most people do not take blind risks........

So I definitely give a thumbs down to these phones and i dont really think that it would pose any threat to other brands.....

one more thing in question is which other brands are we talking about...????
if its NOKIA, LG, SAMSUNG then no....and if its FLY, BENQ and so on then maybe yes.....

chinese mobile are quite flasy and very loaded but they have a relly poor battery and network is also a bit come nd go type ,dont be lured by it looks ,all the glitter is not gold,dont ever buy one....

bhatia

Who said Chinese products dont have quality??? China produces most stuffs for USA... even surgical blades are made from china!

Sugar_07

I dont think china items are worth..they are just like use and throw...You can rely dat they will work for longer...I DONT TRUST THEM!

DRISHYA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
chinese mobiles wont be a threat 4 too long. It cant sustain i mthe market after ppl have experienced its service. We dont have a good image about chinese products as the quality is too bad. And when a consumer invests their money in electronic gadgets they see to it that they last longer as electronic items have a very limited life period after wic ur invested money is gone. That's the reason why ppl still buy Nokia N series n other expensive mobiles even wen they have cheaper mobiles available. brand name n quality matters a lot wen electronic items are concerned as they provide a kind of security in the minds of ppl.

beone

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
they can not dominate the sector. quality and guaranty is the most important issue for them. half of their products are broken within 1 month. if they open a technical service for repairs, they have to increase prices accordingly. Otherwise they can not make any profit....

melroy88

But people get attracted in its features , and it can be used as a use and throw mobile, since the price is low. Keeping this in mind , im asking the same ????

funduu

I don't think chinese mobiles coming to India will be threat to mobile companies in India,In fact they will increase the competition in this sector leading to the customer being the ultimate benefittor