Are english skills important for a job?

joel.francis.7351

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Look for raw talent, not for English skills said one of the top management guru's - Ramcharan at Great Lakes institute of management

Do you think he is right? Are english skills not important in a job environment?

I disagree with ramcharan and think he does not understand the ground realities of business in india. He is probably speaking from his vast experience with companies in USA.

What's your opinion? :eyebrows:

hopliteltd123

Yes, you don't have enough knowledge but still you will be to create an impact with your english skills. I hope mine is a bit better.

vinir

If you understand English, that alone may be sufficient. The ultimate question is what job you are in.

evosam9

Really Depends on the job. If it is a technical job and you are really good in it you may get away with bad english but if is a managerial job and you need to interact with everyone daily then communication skills are very important and it is crucial that you can speak english well.

mahi89

Not really. English as other language is a communication tool. If you can let your work speak instead of you speaking then that too may land you an appropriate job.

shail.kushwaha

I want to see a man with raw talent deliver a speech to a bunch a Russians who dont know English that well leave alone hind . Its pointless all talent down the drain ... You should speak the language ur coustomer speaks ..

bloom_enchantix

English is not just useful to create an impression or something.It is essential if your company sends you to any english speaking country. Its more of a life skill. If majority of the world spoke mandarin, we probably would be learning mandarin instead of english. Its not right to link prestige to any language.

radhaswami

I believe that English should not matter much but if your working in an organisation you will need it otherwise it will be difficult to survive in an organisation

justingeorge15

Having power over languages is a asset. Specially english is Global language and if one has command over it it has a add on benefit

stanley22

Depends on the job responsibilities. When the job needs a strong communication networking skills with the fellow team mates in a corporate environment, then English skills are very essential.

gianpiusreyes

This might be to vague to be answered but for my perception, english skills should be attained as a basic knowledge.. however, not all jobs really require being fluent in english as long as u can deliver what u want to say.. thats why i will beg to disagree if english skills will really compose of one's compatibility to a job

Tanvidesale

yes English language is indeed important for jobs.In present competitive world English is the base language for any work.English is the basic language for communication.So to be able to speak fluent English is a prerequisite..

If you are weak in you English then you will find many difficulties for the job and growth in your career. English has now become the important part of our life today and we can not survive without it. So from my point of view it is important for getting shortlisted when applying for a job.

sachinchourey

yes definitely if u r gonna join with a multi national company they wont hire u if u dont have good communication skills...ur English communication skills must be sufficiently good at an extent....your English skills shows ur standers if u can speak in English fluently then any multinational company will hire you....