Should newspapers be expected to reveal their sources

manishsinghon

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
In general, no, journalists should not have to reveal their sources, there are many documented cases where serious criminal acts have come to light through information being leaked to the media, Watergate being just one that springs to mind.

Having said that, I personally think that far too many so called journalists try to hide behind that protection to justify stories which are lies, mis-truths and pure fiction at the best, and sheer malevolent spite at the worst

Tanvidesale

Not necessary that newspapers should reveal their source every time.We readers are concerned with the new information so as long as purpose is getting solved what is the problem.problem. Newspapers have their sources to get news which cant be easily revealed .

I do not think they should reveal. No certainly not. Media is not predicted to expose its way to obtain info in public. I assist some restrictions on Media but never to the extend that Media cannot report without restraint. Media must have some personal legislation that should stop them from incorrect and one-sided coverage.