Which parent contributes more towards the upbringing of a child: FATHER or MOTHER??

UdayGupta13

Lately we have observed that children are more attached to a single parent and ignorance towards the love of the other. This happens especially when the child is the only sibling. Why does the child have preferences? Is this something that's got to do with the parents?

prtk.nayak

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Asking to pick a parent in a general sense is like asking someone with a 6/6 vision to choose one eye over the year. We cannot generalize for fathers or for that matter mothers as well.

Some times the preference you are talking about might come from factors like quality of time spent with one of the parents as compared to the other, level of comfort while sharing deep emotions, thoughts and secrets, the ideologies and perspective of different parents and the reward-punishment style applied by both. :)

rasrajmishra

I agree from Prtk...it depends on child behaviour also that what he or she thinks about them...having attachment with any one of them...is common..as how every coin has two side..similarly in life to make child's better future...one have to be sweet and one have to be cruel..then only then can experience both the phases of life...whether ups and downs...or whether stand and fall....

prtk.nayak

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
While seconding shweta's views i would like to add some more points on the effects of society. Even the society plays a very crucial role when it comes to shaping the perspective of the child on their parents.
One good example would that be of the much cliched generation gap. The parent who stays abreast with the trends of their childrens' generation tend to score more than parents who dont. :)

pakerjon

hello every one!! i am new on this forum...
i like this forum so much... it is wonderful forum for sharing views

Tanvidesale

This is a very wrong statement.It cant be single parent role in the upbringing of a child.Rather both parents play equal role in the upbringing of a child.Both parents have a equal role in good nurturing and upbringing of a child.

There is nothing like this. There is no comparison between the father and mother. Both are same for a child and love their children with the bottom of their heart. Sometimes says that a daughter is more attached to father and son is to his mother. Is all depends upon the family too if father has a busy schedule then they may attract more to their mother but love both.