Do night shifts affect Time Management?

UdayGupta13

It is often noticed that individuals working in night shifts tend to lose out on their time schedule. This not only affects their time management but also their productivity and health.

This drives me to wonder if night shifts/rotational shifts affect am individual's daily routine?

prtk.nayak

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Not exaclty..i feel..

Ofcourse your circadian clock gets all messed up at first leading to sleep deprivation and lack of concentration. But once the body gets attuned to this..blaming running short on your schedule just does not add up.

Bad time management has always been the result of being disorganized, procrastination and bad decision making skills...:)

rasrajmishra

Time management is important to all businesses, but those with shift work operations face unique time management challenges. Usually, a business may struggle to manage time efficiently because it is hampered more by external interruptions, such as telephone calls, meetings, visitors stopping in or computer/system complications vs. internal challenges. In a shift work operation, the challenges impacting time management are most often internal.

rasrajmishra

Survey did by Men's Health Network and Cephalon, Inc.....found that shift workers, people who work non-traditional hours such as overnight shifts, report that these shifts can negatively impact their health, work and well-being. The survey revealed that the majority of shift workers (79%) believe that they are negatively impacted by their shift work and report issues associated with work productivity, negative emotions, concern about sex life and decreased time spent with family.

Mr Prtk Nayak changing to shift work may be effortless for a lot of people although others never adapt.
Using the right technique to your well being can be crucial in helping them. If one does realize its complicated to change to shift work, he/she should explore the issue with director or administrator.