Is marriage a career for Women?

UdayGupta13

I've come across several women who are forced to give up education as they are made to believe that marriage is a career!! They are trained to be a housewife with free classes on cooking, cleaning and all other house work!! They believe there's no point spending money on educating a girl child after high school as they are prone to get married and live as housewives. Women are born free just like any other human being and have the right to choose what they want to do. I believe they have the right to decide what they want to study and how they wish to pursue a career. Why are they deprive this freedom of thought? I believe is completely unfair!

But now the culture views are changing and families are giving equal importance to their girl child also. Main problem arise in the family where parents are not educated.

rasrajmishra

NO WAY...DEFINITELY NOT

There are lots of women who works after marriage also...they have proved as the powerful women in the world whether in the field of politics, business, sports, film industry, etc...

MARRIAGE IS PART OF LIFE NOT THE CAREER OF LIFE

Here are some examples:

1. Indira Nooyi (business)
2. Soniya gandhi (politics)
3. karnam maleshwri (sports)

and many more.....

UdayGupta13

I would agree that is NOT and there are a lot more women to quote who have succeeded and achieved milestones even after getting married. My focus is on the women who are deprived of this. Who aren't given the freedom to pursue their career the way they want to. They are coldly deprived of this freedom to choose. I believe every women has the right to choose and study what they wish to. I'm trying to get more opinions about what people think of this. Its solely to spread awareness and eradicate such blinded perceptions. :)

Tanvidesale

No marriage isn't a career for women.But mostly once girl finishes H.S.C education the parents think the education should end.There is usual perception that what difference will it make educating a girl child .Its rather waste of money.So better she is married .Also there is a perception that if once the girl is married half the burden of the family is reduced...Once girl is married she has to sacrifice all her happiness and focus on satisfying needs of in laws family and her world starts and ends in home chores.
So women should be given a chance to pursue her choice of career .

What a silly question has been asked! I am completely do not think marriage is a career for a woman. Woman make their career before the marriage and have the capability to manage its own career even after marriage. There are so many examples of successful woman who settled their career after marriage.