Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) > HOT Debates - The Big Fight

Is marriage a career for Women?

Discuss Is marriage a career for Women? within the HOT Debates - The Big Fight forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; I've come across several women who are forced to give up education as they are made to believe that marriage ...

Is marriage a career for Women?
Old
 (1 (permalink))
Uday Gupta
UdayGupta13 is an unknown quantity at this point

UdayGupta13
Training and Development at IV Support Technologies

Institute: IGNOU
Is marriage a career for Women? - February 21st, 2013

I've come across several women who are forced to give up education as they are made to believe that marriage is a career!! They are trained to be a housewife with free classes on cooking, cleaning and all other house work!! They believe there's no point spending money on educating a girl child after high school as they are prone to get married and live as housewives. Women are born free just like any other human being and have the right to choose what they want to do. I believe they have the right to decide what they want to study and how they wish to pursue a career. Why are they deprive this freedom of thought? I believe is completely unfair!
Advertisements

Friends: (0)
Re: Is marriage a career for Women?
Old
 (2 (permalink))
SIDDHARTH DUBEY
siddharth.dubey6486 is on a distinguished road

siddharth.dubey6486
Student of MBA at symbiosis institute of operation management
Nashik, Maharashtra

Re: Is marriage a career for Women? - February 21st, 2013

But now the culture views are changing and families are giving equal importance to their girl child also. Main problem arise in the family where parents are not educated.
Old
 (3 (permalink))
Shweta Mishra
rasrajmishra is an unknown quantity at this point

rasrajmishra
at BILT
Re: Is marriage a career for Women? - February 22nd, 2013

NO WAY...DEFINITELY NOT

There are lots of women who works after marriage also...they have proved as the powerful women in the world whether in the field of politics, business, sports, film industry, etc...

MARRIAGE IS PART OF LIFE NOT THE CAREER OF LIFE

Here are some examples:

1. Indira Nooyi (business)
2. Soniya gandhi (politics)
3. karnam maleshwri (sports)

and many more.....
Old
 (4 (permalink))
Uday Gupta
UdayGupta13 is an unknown quantity at this point

UdayGupta13
Training and Development at IV Support Technologies

Institute: IGNOU
Re: Is marriage a career for Women? - February 22nd, 2013

I would agree that is NOT and there are a lot more women to quote who have succeeded and achieved milestones even after getting married. My focus is on the women who are deprived of this. Who aren't given the freedom to pursue their career the way they want to. They are coldly deprived of this freedom to choose. I believe every women has the right to choose and study what they wish to. I'm trying to get more opinions about what people think of this. Its solely to spread awareness and eradicate such blinded perceptions. :-)
Old
 (5 (permalink))
Shilu Shrestha
shilushrestha is an unknown quantity at this point

shilushrestha
Student of Bachelor in Arts at fine arts college
Kathmandu, Bagmati

Re: Is marriage a career for Women? - June 30th, 2013

it is depended in people.every educated parents think their daughter need a good education,then after her good work and then marriage.but what about after marriage?if she gets understanding father/mother in law,then she can build up her career after marriage too.
Old
 (6 (permalink))
Tanvi Desale
Tanvidesale is an unknown quantity at this point

Tanvidesale
Student of M.A(APR) at makhanlal chaturvedi institute
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Management Paradise Newbie

Re: Is marriage a career for Women? - February 2nd, 2015

No marriage isn't a career for women.But mostly once girl finishes H.S.C education the parents think the education should end.There is usual perception that what difference will it make educating a girl child .Its rather waste of money.So better she is married .Also there is a perception that if once the girl is married half the burden of the family is reduced...Once girl is married she has to sacrifice all her happiness and focus on satisfying needs of in laws family and her world starts and ends in home chores.
So women should be given a chance to pursue her choice of career .
Old
 (7 (permalink))
Jiten Mazee
jitenmazee is on a distinguished road

jitenmazee
Student of Bachelor of Engineering at HAKIM ABDUL HAMID UNANI MEDICAL COLLEGE
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Management Paradise Guru

Re: Is marriage a career for Women? - December 14th, 2015

What a silly question has been asked! I am completely do not think marriage is a career for a woman. Woman make their career before the marriage and have the capability to manage its own career even after marriage. There are so many examples of successful woman who settled their career after marriage.