Why we are getting educated...?

Tuski

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I didn’t even complete my university education...... -Bill Gates
I failed in 10th standard.. -Sachin Tendulkar
I slept on bench and borrowed Rs20/- from a friend to travel film city.. - SRK The King Khan
Education dropout and initially a keyboard player.. - A. R. Rahman
At my childhood days I stitched shoes.. - Abraham Lincoln
At the age of 25 I was a bus conductor.. - Rajnikanth
I worked in a petrol pump and education drop out.. - Dhiru bhai Ambani

"Life is not about finding yourself ,
Life is all about creating yourself."

Dear all,
Think twice Is Education really necessary? or it is wastage of time and money...:SugarwareZ-281:

arti.iiitm

I think, if you know that you are diamond then don't need to polish yourself, because any how people will buy you, but those who don't know they are diamond need this polish, So when they would enter into competition, can prove themselves.

I guess you got the point. the names have been listed above, have already found themselves and it was known to them, they are diamond, they didn't need this polish. They were ready to enter in this competitive world, whereas, some are still polishing (searching) themselves, and this education is the only bridge that can fill the gap.

So, decide it by our own self, who are you?? are you a diamond, and can get through this competition without polishing or you are a diamond need this polish..

:)

puneet.jaiswal1

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I completely Disagree with you Arti. If this was the case then now one should gain knowledge because gaining knowledge is part of polishing. Polishing means getting experience in real while learning from your mistake.
No matter what you are diamond, pearl or titanium you always need a polishing. :)

arti.iiitm

I think you didn't get me right Puneet, what I was trying to say is polishing comes not only by real life experience but gradually it comes from education then real life application because once you through with theoretical knowledge and ready to do some practical than only you can compare between right and wrong, directly moving for practical will not make you able to decide what is correct. Education empowers us to think. and I think education is a basic resource which provides us to understand ourselves and our basic necessities in life. But what Tushar has added name, exceptionally done well in their life without having more education but if you will see the history of Steve Jobs, you will find, he dropped his university but he decided to take a 'calligraphy' class to learn how to do this, which shows he was taking education to learn. Now that is what I was trying to say that it is all up to us, what ever we wanted to choose in our life. If one thinks, that he will be good in MBA then he should go for that, if one things, he wanted to learn about engineering then he should proceed for that.

I think now you get me right what I wanted to say from my previous post.

ndim-2013

it 's necessary ....to get educated brother u posted some example who failed in education but excel in other field if u compare there number is very less ....every 1 can't be sachin tendulkar ,bil gates

Tuski

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
My dear friends tell me whatever we learned in our school life how much %u0025 of that learning we use in our corporate life or in our daily routine?

Tuski

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Why it happens 95% of population earn only 5% of income and only 5% of population earn 95% of income? its not an accident...

You know friends there are two types of personality WHY and HOW:
"Those who know HOW will always have a job
and those who know WHY will always be his boss."

People like sachin, Ambani, bill gates know there WHY, they know why the are here for, what is the purpose of there life that's why they comes under 5% category.

and the problem with rest 95% people is that they don't know their WHY, they don't know why they are here for,but they know HOW, they know how to do the work for others.

Education deals with this HOW not WHY..

"The person who know HOW will always work under the person who know WHY.."
3.8-Why-or-how2-e1278115724228.png

arti.iiitm

Tushar, I have also quoted the same things, just you have put all in different statements. If one knows what he wanted to be?, and why he wanted to be? then ofcourse he will be under 5%u0025. Swami Vivekanand has also quoted this thing, "Secret of life is not enjoyment, but education and we want the education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expended, and by which one can stand on one's own feet". Therefore, It is important to have something which makes us to feel that we are the superb creativity of God, and different from others. Now we already have some basic intellectual ability to think about our welfare, what so ever is in the education system if one is wise enough than he will definitely go with theory and will apply it, because then only one can decide right and wrong. It is one that can change the perception of this education system, loopholes are in the education system not in getting educated.

koolin

Hi Tushar,

I somewhat agree with the points Arti has put forth. Education is not only about subjective realisation, but education is also about developing a certain set of skills which a person can achieve only through education(be it any degree/course/qualification) and later with experience. The names which you have highlighted in the above post din't have that education but they always had that skill set which made them what they are today. If bill gates is a drop out then i am sure he still knows the bottom line and the top line of his company and also how to earn it. Even though he din't go through formal education, he still has the highest of the knowledge and skills which makes him different than others.

Having education, getting a degree will make you intelligent on paper, but applying that knowledge which education delivers will make you intelligent in practicality as well.

Answering to your question as to "do we still use all the education which we imparted in our school day's? My answer would be you dont need to use that knowledge only because you have learned it. You play cricket but you are not a cricketer, you might write good but you are not a writer, similarly the knowledge which you receive is not always utilised for something in return. Knowledge and education sometimes helps us to develop our mindset towards any difficult situation and it also helps us to solve any problem be it personal or professional.

Being educated might not be the most important thing but knowing what education is might help you reach to the top.

Tuski

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Arti,

You can compare the success rate of educated and uneducated peoples and analyse which group is more successful.

images

Tuski

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi kulin,

Whatever you have mentioned is right i agree with you, but education process takes 23 to 25 years of our life which we can utilize in much better way till the age of 24-25 years we complete our education after that its time for career start up then marriage, then children, now you are having your own family which you have to take care of. so where is the time for personal growth? where is the time for you own career?
I am not telling that you remain uneducated but this time span could be shorter means education should be provided till 18 years of age. 18 years is enough to develop any type of skills in you. suppose after 18+ you will have 8-10 years for your career growth and then you can enjoy your life in different way and also you will get financial freedom at 40-45 years of age.
what say..

arti.iiitm

Tushar, I guess you indirectly wanted to say that till 12th we keep on study those subjects which are not useful in further life, thus instead of those subjects we should get choice to opt those subject which are going to helpful in near future, subjects, which are directly related to our carrier???

Tuski

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
No i am telling that education period should be shorter so that we can complete our graduation and PG course till 18th year of age, there is no need to study all classes from pre-nursery to 12th std.

puneet.jaiswal1

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Some Good reasons :
Education broadens our horizon and gives us a better understanding of the world around us and how things work.The world needs education, since it is the basis of a civilized, structured society.
Education helps people to think rationally and avoid illusions in life.
Education reduces social and economic disparity, allowing progress to be shared equally.
It gives scope for technical advancements in fields of science and technology.

v.saisriniwasan

Hi all, If you are giving examples of those who are successful today and suggesting to be like them, you should be first in place of them. Answer yourselves. Bill gates din't studied much, but have you thought of the process he started ? The above people mentioned din't studied much but learnt something. So, Yes Studying and learning teaches to survive in this world.

rasrajmishra

Why we are getting Educated....?????...To stand in this competitive world...
Certain examples were quoted by tushar about business and market leaders like dhirubhai ambani, bill gates, etc...but they all were the personalities of 80s and 90s...and at that time even doing 10th was much enough...sounds like "inter pass h ladka inter!!!!":SugarwareZ-273: ...and at that time the scenario of the market was like that there were less people and more jobs...but now what the scenario of the market is less job and more people...That's why education is important...it polishes us...:SugarwareZ-096:

SO EDUCATION IS MUST

UdayGupta13

Well, education is indeed essential expecially with increasing oportunites and new industries developing in our countries. To argue, there are reknown celebrities who have made it big without proper education and there are many individuals, who take interest in books and other sources of knowledge to develop their intelligence disregarding education as a source of limited knowledge.