TATA's People's car.....boon or bane???

HEART BREAK KID

so here we are finally Mr. Tata has got his cards right....all the world held the breath as they saw this guy descended outa his innovation which was considered preposterous (a car in 2500$).....

but the real question is ..... is it really dat good.... technically and the rosy side is....common man can drive finally in 4 wheels, dream fullfilled, the millage is good(as claimed 24kmpl), much better than usual cars..size is much small, one small thing...speed is jus 108km/hr.... but then its like a moon with a lil spot....

one the other side...i read all kinds of articles where they criticized this kinda innovation (felt more like a move by the competitors) where such an possesion could lead india's need and dependence on oil to much more than what its now....i don't remeber the xact number but neraly 35% increase in oil use, then the cycle of global warming....and costs india has to bear to get all the oil and the industries that face the crunch who use it for power.....

i want to know ur views xpert as well as personal whether this would affect any industry anyhow.... i totally understand and respect the concept of global warming...but not the ones who talk abt it....as they are the ones who on one hand dream of a hummer,bmw,porsche,jaguar,buggatti, and also not let a concept of hydrogen feul come ahead....

plz feel free to add in your thoughts, i'd appreciate ur effort.....

faaiz

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well u r views are correct, but according to me we can think from the other side also.....

If the people possessing car at present which give an average of much less than 20km/ltr than tata's car can be a good option....

It is economical and also gives the luxury of possessing a car so people using other cars can shift to this an decrease the pollution which they are causing with their present cars...

They can also use their excess funds( which they get after replacing their expensive cars with tata's one) in more productive manner which can yield more returns....

So, if we look from the global warming perspective i think there are two sides of the same coin.....!

chadha.hitesh

See i completely agree with u ......
the nano is a car made for the come man .............. but question arises of afforability to run that car

i will be a car which will be more used by ladies and in rural area for common people , along with that it will create a real new segment in the auto industry where many indian brands will be found fighting for the major share

but tata will go for a long will in all respect the will really pentrate into a new market and change the face of the entry level segment in the industry

it will hit the most the entry level pre-owned segment which is at highs today in india

I dont think so that i will effect the global warming so much etc ... they are all stunts played by the competitors to create a wrong impression adn hurdles in their way

i wish that Mr. Ratan Tata's dream become successfull as he has thougth to change the indian market along with shaking the roots of interantional auto industry

thus giving India a relevant positon in the World Auto INdustry

Best OF LUCK

shah0k

so here we are finally Mr. Tata has got his cards right....all the world held the breath as they saw this guy descended outa his innovation which was considered preposterous (a car in 2500$).....

but the real question is ..... is it really dat good.... technically and the rosy side is....common man can drive finally in 4 wheels, dream fullfilled, the millage is good(as claimed 24kmpl), much better than usual cars..size is much small, one small thing...speed is jus 108km/hr.... but then its like a moon with a lil spot....

one the other side...i read all kinds of articles where they criticized this kinda innovation (felt more like a move by the competitors) where such an possesion could lead india's need and dependence on oil to much more than what its now....i don't remeber the xact number but neraly 35% increase in oil use, then the cycle of global warming....and costs india has to bear to get all the oil and the industries that face the crunch who use it for power.....

i want to know ur views xpert as well as personal whether this would affect any industry anyhow.... i totally understand and respect the concept of global warming...but not the ones who talk abt it....as they are the ones who on one hand dream of a hummer,bmw,porsche,jaguar,buggatti, and also not let a concept of hydrogen feul come ahead....

I am middle class person, i can drive the car now .....

avi999

Every market will attract one or more price cutter who will draw business away from the higher-price firms. But price cutters need to offer more than low price. :SugarwareZ-064:

what I mean to say is by creating a niche of low segment car....
Tata will also have to back the trust of the consumers....They hv to place their product as a need for all segment in order to make an impact......
The car do offer good milage and when CNG would be installed in the same the milage is bound to increase...If this message is passed to the end consumer they would not mind to spend a few more money considering the cost of the car......this would nt only benefit to them but would also solve the problem of global warming....and oil crises.....

The main focus of tata as predicted would be people who drive two wheelers...and the figures reveal that almost 35% oil used in such vehicle is wasted.....also, considering their no. one can say that even if 25-35% of such people are shifted to CNG...the problem would be solved to a gr8 extent..:tea:

As far as global warming is concerned with the innovation in technology we are able to find alternative for the car-segments.....in India
But as far as two-wheelers are concerned the focus is still to improve the millage.....this focus unfortunately adds to the problem of Global warmig
One can surely not install a CNG-kit in two wheeler.....?????

regds Avi

meet_aseem

there are many people in our country for whom having a family vehicle is a need not a luxury....i m talking abt the middle income ppl....but the price gap between two wheelers and four wheelers was far beyond their reach...and Mr Ratan Tata has just filled that gap..!!!

Subprime

This post is purely for those of Mumbai and other large megacities in India , for the rural areas its a different story.

I use public transport (Bus), I live in Mumbai.The roads are jammed mostly during evenings ( ppl coming home from work) and rush hr. timings . Mumbai will someday(hopefully) undergo a redevelopment project on a massive scale( infrastructure wise), till then this car (in my opinion) will create more traffic jams on a larger scale.
i hate to go home late, i hate to go to college late.( i run out of excuses , traffic jams are usual).I just don't see how a car like this will change anything, now there will be a need for extra parking space and the only way to find space is to either go underground or go skywards.
Probably Ratan Tata introduced this car knowing well that Mumbai( or every other city) will get wider roads.(or maybe that this was TATA's way of being recognised globally).
A lot of people can now have that smug smile on their face, that they actually own a car, "THE WORLD'S CHEAPEST CAR".

ronnierules

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
people wud have to wit a lot to get this car.. as tata's are gonna produce only 2.5 lakh cars in a population of 3 cr {mumbai and delhi}...forget abt the other parts of India,.,.its a cr8 a havock,.,.

ajitsingh

i think we shd b thankfull to mr.ratan tata .. for giving we indians such a precious gift on this new year.. this car is the showcase of mr.tata's level of thinking and farsightedness....it shows how far he thinks and how creative he is in his ideas....i love his creation

HEART BREAK KID

i heartfully thank u people to have shared ur views for this issue....

i totally agree dat dis is one gr8 peice of invention...and as we go by the PR being done in the newspapers by the competitiors and green peace activists to get noticed.... i feel dat thisis being used as a opportunity to gain attention...dats it nobody sees wht really is hapennin... with the global warming scene... i'd b more than hapi if we'd had designed better hybrid or rather solar powered (we i get to mr.tata's age) cars... its not that im not hapi with the innovation...don't get me wrong... but wht i want to say is more should be done towards hybrid and solar segments....

nskumar81082

==============

Hi to all
I am a new member of this discussion center (thats what I would like to call it)

This is a very good from your side about the new One Lakh car of TATAs

What u r suggesting i feel is right ....... If everything goes as expected by the thinkers who imagined this car .......... this car is a competitor for not only for Maruthi 800 but also for Motor Cycles

But will it happen so?

My openion is that it will not, thats coz
1. Maintenance wise this new car will be costlier than a motor cycle so it can not compete with motor cycles (just compare fuel costs)

2. People who are using Motor car donot buy it only for the sake of a transportation facility but also for esteem . so no one will shift to TATA NANO from a higher model

3. Roads in India make life hell and maintenance cost is high for any vehicle - a common man hence may not think of a car at the moment even if available cheaply

these are few reasons i feel that will affect the plans for this car

So i feel the new car from TATA will not result in a purchase/ sale of cars like mobile phones hence the OIL problem may not be so sever

suhaneyji

i believe Tata's Nano introduction has certainly uplifted the Indian engineering to a new level
now the world is calling us as 21st century Nissan and "Frugal Engineering" is ceratinly a possibility made by engineers from Tata Motors
regarding the global warming and all other environmental hazards, i believe Govt. policies needs to be overhauled a bit ( Swaminomics ToI 13 Jan )
so all in all , a marvel from our very own Tata Motors

gsrane

hi!
first of all congrats and hats off to Mr.Ratan Tata for keeping his promise and bringing the car for 1 lakh as promised.
i feel that considering the past experiences of indica-indica v2 where the tatas had to amend their design,this time as well they might have to do the same as there will be many improvements,or may i say, customised requirements suggested by the consumers. we will have to support the car for some time,even if it does not click in the begining.i also feel that what happened to indica in the metros,will even happen to nano,they might well be used as "cabs" in the metros which might reduce their clientile.however,in the smaller, tier2 & tier 3 cities,the car promises to do well.
it will also be beneficial to the tatas if they promote nano in otherlesser developed countries,which will increase the scalability factor as explained by Mr.C.K. Prahlad in his article on sundays TOI.
LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST,
CONGRATS AND KEEP GOING !!

nizu

the real fact is that it comes true. the TATA's did what they told.
it's a boon or bane- the answer will be the future.
when considering on the economic situation it will definitely increase d competition like what is happening. tha announce of bajaj's car.
d advantage abt d car is it will be benifit for d middle income group.
d disadvantage may be a question of quality ?

shyam_2703

Introduction of 1-lakh car is quiet advantageous. While travelling or going on road, we see the people finding the difficulties with the kind of two-wheelers they have and the spacious cars creating traffic jams. We see a father taking his two or three children to the school. Its the high risk that he is taking. And safety wise also the two wheeler vehicles are not safe. In order to overcome these disadvantages, the 1-lakh car has been introduced. It has actually been targetted on middle class and upper middle class segment and most primarily it has been targetted on common man. The structure of the car is also good (a mini car, a good look, can hold four members-- almost a family) and also safer. A new kind of innovations can also be added to the car. As such the price is also affordable. The nano car is quiet safer than the two-wheeler vehicles. The introduction of the cars has got its own advantages and disadvantages, but the advantages are more than the disadvantages. In order for our country to progress, such kind of innovations need to be done. I hope the dream has been fulfilled. Thank u........

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
hey i consider nano to be a real boon,,,m proud of da fact dat it has been produced by an indian company,,moreover it is a car evry 1 can hav,,,,,it will surely raise the standard of livin,,,,cars wud no longer be a luxury as such,,,

n talkin bout traffic ,,dere is no problem wit da amnt of cars on the road,,,our roads n infrastructure needs to improve ...wich can improve now due to da pressure on the govt to make space fr dese cars...