If Mahatma Gandhi was alive

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Today is Gandhi Jayanti - A National Holiday celebrated in India to mark the occasion of the birthday of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the "Father of the Nation", fondly known as Bapu.

I wonder, after enjoying over half a decade of gaining independence, if Bapu was alive.. what would he have to say on varied things from iphone to fdi, politics to poverty or for anything of that matter..

I think like the popular meme goes.. Mahatma would only say .. "hmm" and those three alphabets would speak volumes about his disappointment with the country.

Not everyone would agree to this notion though. What do you think?

If Mahatma Gandhi was alive.. what would he say ?

meheer

If Gandhi was alive.. I think the Non-cooperation movement would have been alive with the following haps,

- There would have been more Annas fighting
- Cause list beyond Corruption would have been active (Road rage, Income Tax, Unfair practices in the private sector, etc)
- There would be a non-political public body auditing every wrong doing in the public sector.

wait... do we really need Gandhi for this.. Can this not be done even today without him????

whatsup

I think gandhiji's principals are universal and he would still stick to his 3 characters :

a.) Bura mat dekho
b.) Bura mat bolo
c.) Bura mat suno

koolin

Hi,

I guess if Mahatma Gandhi was alive we wouldn't have had such a crisis situation in our country. But let's assume inspite of Mahatma Gandhi's presence we still have such a crisis situation he would have said only one statement. Quotes "I was responsible for the independence of the country as a whole and now the individuals of the this country are responsible for their own independence"

Well if Mahatma Gandhi was alive then he would be thinking that it was bad in his part that he actually made India Independent. As the way the current politician are running the country he would be sitting in more of a thinking mode

UdayGupta13

There would still be corruption in our country. The only way we can bring a change is by realization and determination to make a difference.

puneet.jaiswal1

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
If Gandhi was On, Anna was Gone :p lol all apart If Gandhi ji was alive then India has been divided in various countries as you can live life on AHINSHA principle. Even Kasab was send back to Pakistan with gifts for his loved ones.

simba.sharma.18

Its a touchy question. To talk about Our national hero. Well Mahatma Gandhi as been an Ideal for many in this world but his recognition and lets call Followers are very few in his own motherland. So I don't know what would have happened If the Great Mahtma Gandhi would have been alive and not respected for the sacrifice he made and for the revolution he brought.
:/