Does MBA make one a better entrepreneur ?

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Entrepreneurs these days, specially digital entrepreneurs are seen tweeting and publishing status updates on facebook that demean MBA's and the MBA degree. Its kind of become a FAD and more and more entrepreneurs are seeding a grain of MBA hate in wannabe entrepreneurs.

Another perspective is of global organizations and leaders taking up education at the finest institutes and making a mark in business world. Anil Ambani and Mukesh Ambani both pursued MBA. Steve Jobs too :)

Apart from that a lot of startups have MBA entrepreneurs

So the question is, Does MBA make one a better entrepreneur?

I for one absolutely support the statement. My 2 years of MBA at WeSchool have brought out the best in me.

What's your view ?

ishankelvalkar

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
MBA can be served as helping tool for young entrepreneurs as most of the people don't realize they have idea which can be potentially work well while doing other courses..The internships and networking along with faculty guidance makes complete entrepreneur.

puneet.jaiswal1

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Professional management (MBA) training programs are Focusing on crating a meaningful premise that people can learn and sharpen their managerial skills which help them to gain success in their carrier. It also explore many paths for entrepreneurs. It provide a edge to entrepreneur for their business.

Tuski

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
"Those who know HOW will always have a job,
and those who know WHY always be his boss."

And MBA deals with this WHY....
-Why this strategy why not that?
-Should we enter into new market if yes WHY? if no then WHY?

MBA tells us how to get your work done by others with the help of minimum available resources.
In this way i can say that MBA makes one a better entrepreneur...

priyanka8290

it depends upon the person...mba just helps the person know what he wants to do gives him a clear picture and helps him achieve it

feki92

MBA is merely another tool for entrepreneurship. To be an entrepreneur it requires alot of things, MBA alone is not enough, but of course it will be of a great help in the process.

hrakash

I support the statement but not cent percent agreed with this statement as we can't say that all person having MBA degree can be a better entrepreneur. Yes, i am agree that MBA degree provides great knowledge about how to generate ideas and implement it well. But its all depend on the person's ability,skill and their creativity. Frankly speaking their is very little correlation between getting an MBA and being entrepreneur. As we all know their are many successful entrepreneur who don't have MBA degree.

rks012

Yes. MBA exposes to business in a very large sphere that gives you confidence that you can start something on your own and its not that big of a deal. It teaches you the basics. Its upto you how you implement them.