ManagementParadise.com : Worlds Leading Management Portal. MBA | Classroom, Boardroom and Beyond

Go Back   ManagementParadise.com Forums - Your MBA Online Degree Program and Management Students Forum for MBA,BMS, MMS, BMM, BBA, students & aspirants. > Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) > HOT Debates - The Big Fight

B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD

Discuss B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD within the HOT Debates - The Big Fight forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; Now Days Many B – School attract foreign faculty for the better teaching and more knowledge of business of globalization ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Advertisements
Old
 (1 (permalink))
Gaurav Mishra
winner@1 is on a distinguished road

winner@1
Chief Executive Officer at The TeenMag
Management Paradise Newbie

Institute: Amity University
Awards Showcase
B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD - May 30th, 2012

Now Days Many B – School attract foreign faculty for the better teaching and more knowledge of business of globalization world.
Rajib L Saha left the University of Rochester in the United States to join the International School of Business (ISB) Says "The structure here allows for a higher level of interaction between the resident faculty and the visiting faculty compared to the US structure. There is a lot of scope to grow by working closely with research and industry than by merely attending conferences”.

Some of the institutes pay higher salary to the global faculty and then the domestic faculty to their own college from which motivation level of employees will decrease.

Here is the fact taken from economic times that the – the average annual income of an untenured professor in top B-Schools in the US is about $ 1500000 and roughly $ 400000 for the full time professor ..
Imagine that how much Indian B-schools will pay to these global faculties and because of this .

So what do you think as a Indian that we should use our own professor to teach or use foreign faculties to teach .

Advertisements

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Friends: (0)
Related to B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quotable Quotes on India vengabeats Articles !! 2 July 12th, 2013 06:07 PM
GD--4 -->> Should Sex Education be provided to Students in Schools?? nick18_in Group Discussions Online Archive ( GD ) 7 June 17th, 2009 11:30 AM
Institute of Imperfect Management the lowdown truth of iims daredevilrocks Indian B schools, College Zone and Campus Talks 10 May 18th, 2006 01:33 PM
Media companies need to be more involved with media schools vengabeats Articles !! 0 April 17th, 2006 06:48 PM

Re: B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD
Old
 (2 (permalink))
Prem Gaire
bbageek is on a distinguished road

bbageek
Student of BBA at Boston International College
Kathmandu, Bagmati

Re: B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD - June 1st, 2012

I think rather than paying such a hefty salary to the professors and making business education very expensive, it would be rational to introduce new approaches to learning in the collaboration of the professor and students. Such approach can include both the parties being conscious about the global issues themselves. The discussions of such issues in the classes would help the ideas and information to flow among the students. Another step that can be taken easily is to take more and more trips to the corporate sector. Also the businesspersons can be brought to B-schools to take occasional visiting classes to orient students with the realities of the corporate world. All these should be affordable much cheaply, while it would significantly boost up the quality of education.

Apart from that most of the university problems lies not in professors, but on the educational system. The US education system is significantly different from Indian education system. If you want to improve education correct the system!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old
 (3 (permalink))
Farhana Khan
farhanak.manage is an unknown quantity at this point

farhanak.manage
Student of Bachelor in Arts at ANJUMAN -I-ISLAM AKBAR PEERBJHOY COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Re: B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD - June 1st, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbageek View Post
I think rather than paying such a hefty salary to the professors and making business education very expensive, it would be rational to introduce new approaches to learning in the collaboration of the professor and students. Such approach can include both the parties being conscious about the global issues themselves. The discussions of such issues in the classes would help the ideas and information to flow among the students. Another step that can be taken easily is to take more and more trips to the corporate sector. Also the businesspersons can be brought to B-schools to take occasional visiting classes to orient students with the realities of the corporate world. All these should be affordable much cheaply, while it would significantly boost up the quality of education.

Apart from that most of the university problems lies not in professors, but on the educational system. The US education system is significantly different from Indian education system. If you want to improve education correct the system!
I dont agree. Top notch institutes should attract the best faculty and make them meet top notch students. I do not see any reason why education should be subsidized in a dream b-school.
Old
 (4 (permalink))
Prem Gaire

bbageek
Kathmandu, Bagmati

Re: B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD - June 2nd, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhanak.manage View Post
I dont agree. Top notch institutes should attract the best faculty and make them meet top notch students. I do not see any reason why education should be subsidized in a dream b-school.
Well can't the local faculties be trained to become top-notch? The existing faculties can be incentivized to work harder! Competition and incentive can help the current faculties just get better and better.

Moreover, subsidizing education matters a lot even in dream b-schools! In fact, even in the US many students aren't being able to repay their educational loan because the education was too expensive and their income isn't sufficient to repay the loan. So, for a sustainable education system, affordability is a must. I know variation will occur but majority (above 95%) of b-schools should be affordable to middle class people. Only a few are tycoons to spend any amount of money on education.

Old
 (5 (permalink))
Farhana Khan

farhanak.manage
Student of Bachelor in Arts at ANJUMAN -I-ISLAM AKBAR PEERBJHOY COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Re: B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD - June 2nd, 2012

Quote:
Well can't the local faculties be trained to become top-notch? The existing faculties can be incentivized to work harder! Competition and incentive can help the current faculties just get better and better.

Moreover, subsidizing education matters a lot even in dream b-schools! In fact, even in the US many students aren't being able to repay their educational loan because the education was too expensive and their income isn't sufficient to repay the loan. So, for a sustainable education system, affordability is a must. I know variation will occur but majority (above 95%) of b-schools should be affordable to middle class people. Only a few are tycoons to spend any amount of money on education.
You are funny. You mean to say elite b-schools are for masses? Get real. Top b-schools are for leaders of tomorrow who pay a premium to learn from the best. And the best are never "affordable"

Do one thing, go to one of india's top lawyers and tell him to be "affordable". The best are never easy to reach, never affordable but once you pay for their services, you know you will be transformed.

Same goes with the top mba institutes, they pay a premium, they get the best faculties to teach their students. These students become world class businessmen, create empires that employ millions and everyone benefits.
Old
 (6 (permalink))
Prem Gaire

bbageek
Kathmandu, Bagmati

Re: B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD - June 5th, 2012

Quote:
You are funny. You mean to say elite b-schools are for masses? Get real. Top b-schools are for leaders of tomorrow who pay a premium to learn from the best. And the best are never "affordable"
I am talking about b-schools not elite b-schools. I don't have data about how many students study business studies, but I'm sure that everyone will not become a leader (the leader you are referring to! I mean I can be a leader of my house or my classroom but you certainly ain't talking about that kind of leader right?)

Quote:
Do one thing, go to one of india's top lawyers and tell him to be "affordable". The best are never easy to reach, never affordable but once you pay for their services, you know you will be transformed.
I have left room for elite 5% students. If every institution becomes the top institution (in terms of fees and expensive faculty) then I'm sure only these future leaders (5% of the students who wish to study business) will actually study. And I don't need to wish best of luck for them because then their demand will be automatically high! Meaning rocket high salary for them and cost push inflation for consumers! Actually this is what I think but I am too funny to be practical! Yet, I don't mind and I hope we will continue this debate! On and on.

Quote:
Same goes with the top mba institutes, they pay a premium, they get the best faculties to teach their students. These students become world class businessmen, create empires that employ millions and everyone benefits.
I hope every student who wish to study business can be accommodated in that top MBA institute! Let that top institute become as large as Mumbai city and become the top among one institutes because every institute should be top for the students (all of whom will be leaders) to join that institute! And I hope everyone of us will benefit through inflation!

Old
 (7 (permalink))
Farhana Khan

farhanak.manage
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Re: B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD - June 8th, 2012

Quote:
I am talking about b-schools not elite b-schools. I don't have data about how many students study business studies, but I'm sure that everyone will not become a leader (the leader you are referring to! I mean I can be a leader of my house or my classroom but you certainly ain't talking about that kind of leader right?)

I have left room for elite 5% students. If every institution becomes the top institution (in terms of fees and expensive faculty) then I'm sure only these future leaders (5% of the students who wish to study business) will actually study. And I don't need to wish best of luck for them because then their demand will be automatically high! Meaning rocket high salary for them and cost push inflation for consumers! Actually this is what I think but I am too funny to be practical! Yet, I don't mind and I hope we will continue this debate! On and on.

I hope every student who wish to study business can be accommodated in that top MBA institute! Let that top institute become as large as Mumbai city and become the top among one institutes because every institute should be top for the students (all of whom will be leaders) to join that institute! And I hope everyone of us will benefit through inflation!
General b-schools cannot afford international faculty. Their fees is not as much as elite b-schools either.

We're discussing about top b-schools who are paying a premium to get A list academicians on board.
Old
 (8 (permalink))
Prem Gaire

bbageek
Kathmandu, Bagmati

Re: B-Schools are going global while hiring. Global faculty recruits are in FAD - June 8th, 2012

Quote:
General b-schools cannot afford international faculty. Their fees is not as much as elite b-schools either.

We're discussing about top b-schools who are paying a premium to get A list academicians on board.
I see then. Foreign faculties are mostly better if we compare them with the local ones.