Mark Zuckerberg's letter - One day before the facebook IPO

farhanak.manage

There is a lot of noise about the facebook IPO and almost everyone has an opinion on it. I recently read the facebook founder - Mark's opinion and thought of sharing it here.

MENLO PARK, CA (The Borowitz Report) – On the eve of Facebook’s IPO, Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg published the following letter to potential investors:

Dear Potential Investor:

For years, you’ve wasted your time on Facebook. Now here’s your chance to waste your money on it, too.

Tomorrow is Facebook’s IPO, and I know what some of you are thinking. How will Facebook be any different from the dot-com bubble of the early 2000’s?

For one thing, those bad dot-com stocks were all speculation and hype, and weren’t based on real businesses. Facebook, on the other hand, is based on a solid foundation of angry birds and imaginary sheep.

Second, Facebook is the most successful social network in the world, enabling millions to share information of no interest with people they barely know.

Third, every time someone clicks on a Facebook ad, Facebook makes money. And while no one has ever done this on purpose, millions have done it by mistake while drunk. We totally stole this idea from iTunes.

Finally, if you invest in Facebook, you’ll be far from alone. As a result of using Facebook for the past few years, over 900 million people in the world have suffered mild to moderate brain damage, impairing their ability to make reasoned judgments. These will be your fellow Facebook investors.

With your help, if all goes as planned tomorrow, Facebook’s IPO will net $100 billion. To put that number in context, it would take JP Morgan four or five trades to lose that much money.

One last thing: what will, I, Mark Zuckerberg, do with the $18 billion I’m expected to earn from Facebook’s IPO? Well, I’m considering buying Greece, but that would still leave me with $18 billion. LOL.

Friend me,

Mark
From A Letter from Mark Zuckerberg « Borowitz Report

Whats your opinion?

What do you think of the facebook IPO? Is it overvalued or undervalued?

farhanak.manage

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57437409-93/how-facebooks-bankers-saved-an-ipo-kept-shares-above-$38/

Interesting read. Looks like the bankers managed to keep the stock afloat, but for how long?

Is facebook the biggest dot com bust for decades to learn from?

Does advertising really build a billion dollar model?

koolin

Hi Farhana,

Really interesting articles and interview from the young billionaire. Facebook has just begin with its listing. It cannot be termed as a dotcom bubble and that too in a decade. The valuation which the company has been worth of which is $ 104billion can be achieved but analysts are only sceptical about how can a company who earns its revenue from advertisement will be able to achieve this. The answer to this question can only be answered by Mark because when he had formed this company we never knew this far he would go.

Opining to your 2nd question is that some analysts are optimistic that the shares will perform well as the company is fairly priced at this level. We could not see some large fluctations on the very first day but going ahead it should be a good stock to watch out for. Advertisement has build a billion dollar model in the mind of the retail investors because for most of the analyst they have the access to various internal information. Hence they are aware of the numbers. Advertisement is a source of information for retail mass investors. Yes, i agree its been hyped a lot but then only time will tell the worth of Facebook which has done wonderfully well for the past 8 years.

Cheers!!!