ManagementParadise.com : Worlds Leading Management Portal. MBA | Classroom, Boardroom and Beyond

Go Back   ManagementParadise.com Forums - Your MBA Online Degree Program and Management Students Forum for MBA,BMS, MMS, BMM, BBA, students & aspirants. > Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) > HOT Debates - The Big Fight

Is digital marketing a waste of Money?

Is digital marketing a waste of Money?

Discuss Is digital marketing a waste of Money? within the HOT Debates - The Big Fight forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; Originally Posted by koolin Hi Farhana....Barring your advertising debate i would like to opine my point only on the stock ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Advertisements
Re: Is digital marketing a waste of Money?
Old
Prem Gaire
bbageek is on a distinguished road

bbageek
Student of BBA at Boston International College
Kathmandu, Bagmati
Management Paradise Newbie

Re: Is digital marketing a waste of Money? - June 8th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolin View Post
Hi Farhana....Barring your advertising debate i would like to opine my point only on the stock price part which is the price of facebook on stock market has nothing to do with its advertising....the stock price of facebook is down on following reasons:
1) The valuations were not justified for FB at $100 bn,
2) There was a lot of confusion during the listing of the stock on NASDAQ, Clients who had bought at 38 got at 42 and stuffs like that,
3) In the whole process of listing the mobile revenue for FB has been a question mark for the coming years hence fundamentally its goings down,
4) Lot of angel investors and institutional clients had shorted at 42 while the whole confusion was going on NASDAQ,

To Conclude... the point is there is a lot of speculative trading which happens during the initial days of the listing of a stock and especially going with such a hype it occurs at a bigger stage, fundamentally few questions have been raised about the company's revenue mode going forward. But as an investor they should always look at a stock price at the 0 day of the listing then the 30th day then the 90th day and then the 365th day....this would comprise all your speculative activities and barring that would come out either a fundamentally sound or unsound stock with its price.

Cheers!!!
Look Farhana, there are people who get the point!

Totally agreed Kulin!
Advertisements
Friends: (0)
Related to Is digital marketing a waste of Money?

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
View of a MARBLE industry chaitalithakker Miscellaneous Projects 12 July 4th, 2014 10:26 PM
Leaders Space:::: nick18_in Articles !! 28 October 27th, 2010 09:25 PM
Marketing Strategy: Developing a Website Marketing Plan rohit_pn Articles !! 5 August 24th, 2010 10:27 PM
17th Sept 2005 Vishal Anam Articles !! 4 June 16th, 2007 10:22 AM
Know yourself vengabeats LaUghTeR AccEleRatED , Just CHILL !! 0 April 5th, 2006 12:18 PM

Old
Farhana Khan
farhanak.manage is an unknown quantity at this point

farhanak.manage
Student of Bachelor in Arts at ANJUMAN -I-ISLAM AKBAR PEERBJHOY COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
Mumbai, Maharashtra

There is an article which focused on how facebook will die just like yahoo which did not get search right, and google which is struggling with social.

Social media is noise and unless there is a real way to understand roi from those sckewed metrics of fans, likes and engagement, I do not favor digital marketing.
Old
Kulin Choksi
koolin is an unknown quantity at this point

koolin

Awards Showcase

Hi Farhana...i completely agree with your thoughts...i would like to differ in only one point which i state it as when these companies like yahoo, google, and facebook came into existence did we ever thought of them coming so far and sustaining peak of the business cycle? I bet we din't right.....Yahoo has mastered the email scope for almost a decade or more than that right, google has mastered the search engine for the same tenure as well and Facebook has mastered social media for about more than 5 years or so....the problem with most of the businessess around the globe today is that the business cycle for any industry is getting skewed to very short span as compared to companies like Kodak living for 100 years and that too at a peak. I would love to have a difference of opinion on this. As far as digital marketing is concerned there are many companies who will take advantage of it in their own way and there are many companies who will find it as an expenditure not worth of incurring....but i personally would not say that digital marketing as a waste but its a newly formed and important branch of a marketing tree.

Cheers!!!
Old
Farhana Khan

farhanak.manage
Student of Bachelor in Arts at ANJUMAN -I-ISLAM AKBAR PEERBJHOY COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolin View Post
Hi Farhana...i completely agree with your thoughts...i would like to differ in only one point which i state it as when these companies like yahoo, google, and facebook came into existence did we ever thought of them coming so far and sustaining peak of the business cycle? I bet we din't right.....Yahoo has mastered the email scope for almost a decade or more than that right, google has mastered the search engine for the same tenure as well and Facebook has mastered social media for about more than 5 years or so....the problem with most of the businessess around the globe today is that the business cycle for any industry is getting skewed to very short span as compared to companies like Kodak living for 100 years and that too at a peak. I would love to have a difference of opinion on this. As far as digital marketing is concerned there are many companies who will take advantage of it in their own way and there are many companies who will find it as an expenditure not worth of incurring....but i personally would not say that digital marketing as a waste but its a newly formed and important branch of a marketing tree.

Cheers!!!
Kulin, if you think about possibilities, the stone age men never thought their children will be wearing clothes everyday. Possibilities are endless.

If as a marketing manager, I had to decide where should I bet my money on to sell something, I would evalute which medium will get me the most sales. Facebook doesnt have that calculation mechanism in place. It does not offer a CPS model or a CPA model or a CPL model. It isnt driven by performance. The metrics of performance on fb are, how many people clicked on your ad, how many people liked your page thats it.

Brands have enormous facebook likes but only a miniscule percentage of those fans interact with the brand. Until the time there are some direct relations established with sales, I hardly see value spending on digital marketing as of today.

I do think SEM is valuable. The discussion probably should be SEM or SMM ?
Old
Farhana Khan

farhanak.manage
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Check this video Mr. Sanjay Mehta Joint CEO, Social Wavelength Uploaded By Management Paradise in Digital marketing videos category on ManagementParadise.com
Old
Keith Cairns
keith2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

keith2012
Re: Is digital marketing a waste of Money? - July 2nd, 2012

digital marketing gained popularity just after social networking websites came into play like orkut ,a few years back .because social networking sites brought almost every person on internet ,and this was what it all needed for advertising ..a huge mass of people. hence the future of digital marketing is very bright .
it not only gets the companies instant results(benefits) but is far cheaper than traditional advertising and also the audience are a lot more now...
Old
MP09 Digital
MP09Digital is an unknown quantity at this point

MP09Digital

Institute: ims
Re: Is digital marketing a waste of Money? - July 9th, 2012

NO its not a waste of money but its an investment for long term ....You can delegate your marketing to any good add company that will be more beneficial .And if you are an company based on Database then by online marketing you can have your own data base.In Indore ,MP09Digital.com is the best Digital marketing company.
Old
Andreas Zweck Andreas Zweck
Admin24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Admin24

Re: Is digital marketing a waste of Money? - July 10th, 2012

Digital marketing is definetly not a waste of time because you will get fast new clients in short time.
Old
Rajesh Kumar Barik
rajeshkbarik is an unknown quantity at this point

rajeshkbarik
Student of BBA at A.M.C.M.T.
Baripada, Orissa

Institute: A.M.C.M.T.
Re: Is digital marketing a waste of Money? - July 10th, 2012

I am agree with Kulin.
Old
Preeti Goyal
PreetiGoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

PreetiGoyal
Re: Is digital marketing a waste of Money? - August 6th, 2012

Internet Marketing is booming up like anything...every company would like to go for SEO and SMO ...this is the only media to reach people easily in less time ,less effort,less money..There are many SEO and SMO companies you can hire ....One of the good company i know is mp09digital.com where you will get everything