Is physical force a justifiable method of punishing children?

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Is physical force a justifiable method of punishing children?

At school or at home, I will always say a BIG NO for this. I would consider it child abuse!

Do you support my view?

sunandaC

i dont agree to this

because this is just gonna create sense of fear in them rather than rational thinking and capability to choose between the right and wrong.

sagarika91

No matter how orderly you make the beating of a child, there are a number of adverse effects. They will lose trust in the adults who administer the beating; they learn that force is an acceptable factor in human interaction; they feel humiliated and lose self-respect; and they build up resentment that cannot be resolved at the time but may lead to severe misbehaviour in the future.
-idebate.org

melroy88

Parents know whats right and wrong and whats best for their children. Physical force should be used in extreme circumstances and in a very controlled manner. Not over abuse . More or less* the first option should be not using force. Back in the days the biggest punishment for me was cutting down my pocket money ! :(<br>

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Parents or teachers, using physical force is simply objectionable at any cause. A parent should definitely know how to treat his/her kid.

Like Sagarika says, it does have a great negative impact on the child's attitude. The way one is treated in this society ultimately decides the kid's character in the future :)

bbageek

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Everyone seems to be against it and I agree with you everyone. No debate on this!

Using physical force has a lot of psychological implications in the long term. This has great role in shaping the character of a person apart from "heredity".

So, an absolute "NO" to beating or physical abuse to children!