diffrnc betwn PG and Masters?

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I always thought Master Degree is seen as Post graduation, Bachelor's degree as Under graduation which made me assume that masters and pg being the same.

I guess the correct word to make the difference would be masters and pg diploma.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
whats d diffrnc betwn PG and Masters?

Post Graduation diploma offered by various institutes as rightly pointed out by many here, is a course certified by the institute. Masters degree offered by the university is MBA degree, in mumbai it is popularly known as MMS.

I believe both are the same, a post graduation is MASTERS DEGREE.

Only universities can give a degree. If it is a private college it is a PGD (Even IIM offer a PG)

Bang on target vijay

masters degree is given by the university and pg is given by an institute

I always thought Master Degree is seen as Post graduation, Bachelor's degree as Under graduation which made me assume that masters and pg being the same.

I guess the correct word to make the difference would be masters and pg diploma.
:thumb:
In masters we get Bank jobs also whereas in PG v don't get bank jobs...

Can you elaborate on the source of that information please?

Post graduate and master's degree
???

Swarna23

The courseware is the same, but to make PGDBM equivalent to MBA, one needs to do MBS to make it equivalent to MBA

Generally, a degree can only be granted by a University on the other hand a post graduate(PG) diploma is offered by an institute. Unless and until, the institute associated with university, it wouldn't be capable of giving a Masters degree.