should our educational system be changed???

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Marks don't determine one's capabilities and abilities as an individual. There needs to be changes.

SP971120

You cannot just remove marks system without any alternative. You need doctors and engineers who have been certified and evaluated. How else can you commit your self to them?

promptgagan

The present system is needed to be changed because the practical knowledge of real world comes from experience and not by just mugging the notes .

priyajunior8

Education system should stress on being more on interaction and not just focusing on how to score maximum marks in the exams, right from the primary classes. Interactive education begins on college level which is too late for few students to come of their cocoons. We learn more from People around us than we do from the books.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Despite speaking too much for the change, nothing seems to be change really.!!!

Some schools seems to be implementing slide presentations to start with, but end of the day...it is just the same thing that has been happening in school level - "CRAMMING BOOKS FOR MARKS" Parents obsessed with marks are also a reason for this kinda let-off.

bbageek

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Marks don't determine one's capabilities and abilities as an individual. There needs to be changes.

Yes friend, marks don't determine your full capability but they will certify that you have at least some basic skills. Look what this friend has to say:

You cannot just remove marks system without any alternative. You need doctors and engineers who have been certified and evaluated. How else can you commit your self to them?

Yes, if working hard for study is difficult to you, then you should be prepared to go to the quack doctors without any hesitation. You should be prepared to get agro-products produced by the farmer who doesn't know about the harmful effects of the pesticides and insecticides.

Also you should be prepared to live in a house designed by the Engineers who don't have any knowledge about how to improve the strength of your house, who don't know anything about how to make houses and bridges safe from earthquake.

This explains why is "JAPANESE TECHNOLOGY" the best in the world. The people there are willing to work hard and that comes from the combined form of knowledge, skills and experience.

Our education makes us read not think

I disagree. Education points you out to the new subject matters that you have not even imagined and it will invoke you to think about them, get amazed about them.

So, friends don't be critical of the education system and the marking system. If the education makes you pass easily then you'll fail your whole life!

So, work hard, work hard and work hard!

masterbba

hello mates i agree that our educational system need to be changed it should be more based on practical based then on theroy , i have observed that many of my friends just study for marks not for knowledge so thats where our education system stand now you think ?

winner@1

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hello mates i agree that our educational system need to be changed it should be more based on practical based then on theroy , i have observed that many of my friends just study for marks not for knowledge so thats where our education system stand now you think ?

ya its totally true we should have our educational system based more on practical approach .

All247

The present system is needed to be changed because the practical knowledge of real world comes from experience and not by just mugging the notes .

I agree with you that experience of real world can not be obtained from mugging but let me ask you, according to you, practical knowledge of something do not require theoretical knowledge of the same???

sweetykaur

Our education system at the school level has improved quite a lot, but there has to be quality education in schools. For this many schools like Ryan’s Internationals, Bombay Scottish has introduced Xseed programme, where they look into the quality of teaching, learning and in the management of the school. Hoping that other schools too, introduce such a programme.

lakhanivikram

heya friends i think without marks their will b no knowledge ....bcoz in today'z world der is competition of marks ....not of knowledge.:)

I think we provide probably the most graduates students in globe but unfortunately they're unemployed. Our education and learning program based upon theoretical information not on skill centered education. If they will be provided skill based and practical based knowledge and education then it will helpful for them lifelong.

TheGrandAdmiral

For the most part, the educational system teaches us to be cogs in a machine, working for others rather than working for ourselves and chasing our dreams. Realistically, we will always need "drones", but the school system does little to cultivate leadership, especially in the cases of young men.