Can MBAs guarantee you get the big bucks?

shreyadas

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
FOR over 100 years the MBA has ruled the roost in top-tier executive education, but a survey by the Graduate Management Admission Council's last week showed that almost 70 per cent of schools worldwide have seen applications fall over the past year.

"A decade ago you could come out of a good programme and get a six-figure salary when you finished," says Rowan Manahan, managing director of Fortify Services, the career management firm. "But things are different now. Top jobs like that are still around, they are few and far between, so don't jump into an MBA without thinking."

what do u think?

hmaya

No, it can not guarantee you more money. I think you'll have more posibilities to be consider in a process. It depends on the name of the University too

Elzzza

There are 9000+ MBA graduates coming out every year in India and the job opportunities for them are less.I do not think MBA can guarantee a good salary package with itself.

Alde87

I think, b-schools act as finishing school. There is value addition depending upon which b-school one is in, that will ultimately enable to get BIG BUCK job. But to my experiance, its in students hand how to utilize these 2 years to develop himself by reading, peer to peer learning etc...MBA just as a degree is nuts.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Its all subjective isnt it.. after all it boils down to what the general consensus is.

If you look at cream colleges, they hone their students such that yes majority of them do bag big bucks.

Average and below average institutes manage decent placements satisfactory to majority of students who enroll in them.

sunandaC

it depends on the person's knowledge and potential to get the job which pays more

Do you wanna say

Big Bucks = person's knowledge and potential only !!!

if such is the case why do employers prefer to pay big bucks to MBA's rather than the ones who do not hold it ???

This is the Mentality which is universal !!

shreyadas

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
It will if u start n manage a new venture properly

you mean the ones who opt entrepreneurship after an MBA? is this for them or the ones who get recruited on higher position and then they handling the venture they are working in??

didnt get you clearly ???

altanuya

I think it depends on where you are and what is your expertise. In my country, yes, it does guarantee good earning.

Rajeshsh

MBA will become absollutely essential especially after about 12~15 years of experience. It helps you move up the hierarchy and earn more.