Oscars Vs Filmfare.

There was a moment in this year's Oscar telecast which many thought was a snooze. Scott Rudin, giddy with excitement at having won an Oscar for Best Picture for No Country for Old Men thanked his partner, John Barlow. "Honey, without you this would be hardware."
Now just picture an awards night in Mumbai, one of those where actors perform on stage to their hit songs, and then feign surprise when they win. Imagine such candour about their sexual preferences beamed live to a global audience (although later the squeamish Academy dropped it from the transcript). More than ever this year the 80th Academy Awards were about honouring the movies, no matter the country of their origin, in the most parochial nation in the world.
As the film awards season kicks off this summer, there's much Bollywood could learn from them. Hollywood keeps its acrobatics for its summer blockbusters. On Oscar night, it chooses to present to the world a sedate industry, one that means business, that makes art and that celebrates intellect.

nidzi_MP

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I like Bollywood movies islie I'll go with the Film fare Awards - The warts, warped humour, repeat winners , brilliant performances i dunno why do they always find Hollywood a better act?

but everyone has their own choice.....

:D :D

shivibhanot

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I could not make anything from that article. What is the writer trying to say? But I agree these days Bollywood awards (be it any) have become a Nach Gaana show. How about having some live acting performances, live singing, live orchestra..apart from dance performances. Tab aayega mazaa. Plus humare technicians ko aur jyada credit milna chahiye.

Aajkal to awards sirf ek group ko hi milta hai which included SRK, Chopras, Johars, Kapoors, Bachchans etc.

rukhaiyaar

I like Bollywood movies islie I'll go with the Film fare Awards - The warts, warped humour, repeat winners , brilliant performances i dunno why do they always find Hollywood a better act?

but everyone has their own choice.....

:D :D

Yes, that's because, you are too dumb to understand those act of class by Hollywood actors.. I am sorry.. did that hurt. Truth does hurt..

rukhaiyaar

Yes, that's because, you are too dumb to understand those act of class by Hollywood actors.. I am sorry.. did that hurt. Truth does hurt..

akshay_vfx

Two completely different cultural award shows. Bollywood award shows are more of an entertainment event studded with dance performances, standup comics, gags etc which is to very extent suitable for indian audiences.

vomnguyen

I could not make anything from that article. What is the writer trying to say? But I agree these days Bollywood awards (be it any) have become a Nach Gaana show. How about having some live acting performances, live singing, live orchestra..apart from dance performances. Tab aayega mazaa. Plus humare technicians ko aur jyada credit milna chahiye.

Aajkal to awards sirf ek group ko hi milta hai which included SRK, Chopras, Johars, Kapoors, Bachchans etc.

rubendeepti

There was a moment in this year's Oscar telecast which many thought was a snooze. Scott Rudin, giddy with excitement at having won an Oscar for Best Picture for No Country for Old Men thanked his partner, John Barlow. "Honey, without you this would be hardware."
Now just picture an awards night in Mumbai, one of those where actors perform on stage to their hit songs, and then feign surprise when they win. Imagine such candour about their sexual preferences beamed live to a global audience (although later the squeamish Academy dropped it from the transcript). More than ever this year the 80th Academy Awards were about honouring the movies, no matter the country of their origin, in the most parochial nation in the world.
As the film awards season kicks off this summer, there's much Bollywood could learn from them. Hollywood keeps its acrobatics for its summer blockbusters. On Oscar night, it chooses to present to the world a sedate industry, one that means business, that makes art and that celebrates intellect.

Oscars all the way, i really love to watch the oscars