Should High School Students Have Part Time Jobs?

Should High School Students Have Part Time Jobs?

• Total voters

nidzi_MP

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Nowadays, there are more and more students choose to have a part-time job in the spare time. Surely, a part time job can provide cash and working experience to them. But, as far as I am concerned, the high school students should not be encouraged to take a part-time job.

Schoolwork should be their first priority, as they aim to get the good grades needed for college and future careers. Part-time work has a bad effect on schoolwork in two ways. Teens have less time to put into their studies, but they also get money in their pockets. Too much money too young is a bad thing.

What's ur say on this....

:SugarwareZ-043:

:SugarwareZ-265:

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Work experience helps you multi task and gain exposure. It enhances your skills, network and opportunities. I think high school or school, a person should experience work !

I'll do you one better and give you both!
Reasons "why"
1. To have personal spending money rather than begging for handouts from parents
2. Gain experience in setting up a bank account, writing checks, handling finances, etc
3. Save money for college
4. Do something productive with free time and learn responsibility

Reasons "why not"
1.It's harder to participate in extracurricular activities when you have a job
2. Less time to spend with friends and family
3. Grades at school can suffer
4. The added responsibility can cut into your sleep time

sweetykaur

I don’t think the high school children should work at the age of 14 and 15, though the practicality knowledge increases.

• Firstly because there are some norms and regulations put forth by the country that he/she should follow.
• Secondly if there are teachers that teach more of practicality and if the schools have interactive learning systems of Xseed then the child need not work to gain this knowledge.

Interactive Learning Systems, Experience Based Learning | XSEED

krazykat_90

i think parents should encourage their children doing part time jobs. it enhances the skills in a person. i think it also encourage the students to work harder when they get small amount of money in their hand. But in a country like India,i personally feel that it is not safe for children to spend much of their time outside working,especially girls.Also, our education system do not give much time for students to involve themselves in some other activities. workload!

sec13

It is a highly subjective matter, depends on person to person. If a student can juggle his effectively, it can do great.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
It is kinda complicated, it is absolutely an individuals choice and can not be forced. It certainly needs the interest and should be encouraged only if other studies activities are also fulfilled. If a person is seen extraordinary with his/her abilities, then should be encouraged no matter what.

ashpabs

Ofcourse, they should. and on 2 counts.

With the growing intelligence and self reliance of youngsters at their age, their awareness of whats happening around them due to availability of information is very vast. A part time job, would not only enthuse a certain self confidence, but it would also instill a sense of self sufficiency.

dharsini12

ya..part time job is very effective to earn money,self confidence,experience,knowledge etc.. but in school life its more complicated to achieve their goals,if they work part time means..because in school age ,most of the schools & their parents are not supported to part time job..

AmritanshuMehra

My take - Part time jobs - more responsibility - more self awareness - more freedom - more maturity - better domain knowledge - help in academics (especially in management institutes - fr admissions n placements!!)....

puneet.jaiswal1

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Ya school student should also do part time jobs which enhance there skill & give them exposure of real world. but this should be done in organised manner with help of some companies & school management which help student to get part time job & guide then for betterment of there future.

UdayGupta13

A Part Time job is a good option for High School Students as this can help them eradicate wastage of time and gain experience in the corporate world. The only disadvantage is they might lose focus on their studies.

Sapna225

Not all students are able of managing a part-time job during the degree. A job can intervene with essential research time or important extracurricular actions. If a student starts to have lesser qualities or stay up too delayed after getting a job, it's about a chance to either stop the job or cut back on the hours of career.

Sapna Sharma
Student- Vanguard Business School

ajeta.pattinson

Yeah. by this they'll get experience and knowledge of how the real world is. they might even get more responsible while spending the money they've earned. this might increase their maturity level as well.

cha-cha123

For school students, I don't think this phrase 'work-experience' would be applicable. What they basically need is interaction and how to deal with their surrounding peeps especially learning to deal with peer-pressure.

A part-time job, though would be a very fascinating idea to these kids, might gradually build up stress levels which is not at all welcome. Plus, students may prioritize their work over studies, this will affect their grades.