DO YOU SUPPORT BABA RAMDEV !?

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
What has happened in the past 24 hours is nothing short of shocking. We think we live in a democratic economy and have achieved independence for the past 5 decades but the recent inhumane atrocities on the innocent satyagrahis sitting at ramleela maidan make me think if we are really independent and democratic nation or subservient to petty politics.

I would like to know from the youth their opinion on this whole issue.

I would also like to know what is wrong with asking for action on large sum of black money.

bunny

Yes. I feel all Indians who want to bring back black money(Rs.400 lakh crores) and stop corruption should support Baba Ramdev. The Govt is just trying to tarnish his image by calling him an RSS agent. But even Muslim leaders incl. Maulana Rizvi shared dias with him. Why then target Baba by saying that he has joined communal forces? What happened at Ramlila Maidan was brutal and inhuman. It was Murder of Democracy at Midnight! This shows that the Govt is afraid of Baba because he is saying the truth! This agitation must continue because Baba is not doing this for himself but for us.

varundosi

Baba Ramdev is using this stunt simply to start his political journey ASAP with his party Bharat Swabhiman.When he is fasting for anti-black money campaign, he should throw light on the issue per se. But, he is talking about regionalism, conversion of engineering and medical curricula into hindi, Sonia Gandhi's Italian connection and her being very insensitive towards Indians, etc. I support the cause for which Baba is fighting. But, his manner is simply uncalled for. He is fasting in an air-conditioned, wifi enabled Ramlila Maidan in front of 50,000 gullible people who blindly follow Baba Ramdev for the wonders he has created with Yogasana. If he preaches non-violence, why didn't he dissuade his supporters who went berserk and set up fire in the maidan? The Delhi police ensured safety of women and children present at the venue. Yet Baba lied by saying that they were assaulted and tortured. There is a possibility that many opposition party workers may be present in the venue who caused rampage to malign the government (Congress).

To conclude, Baba's style of staging protest is not fair.

indian_tiger

Baba Ramdev is using this stunt simply to start his political journey ASAP with his party Bharat Swabhiman.When he is fasting for anti-black money campaign, he should throw light on the issue per se. But, he is talking about regionalism, conversion of engineering and medical curricula into hindi, Sonia Gandhi's Italian connection and her being very insensitive towards Indians, etc. I support the cause for which Baba is fighting. But, his manner is simply uncalled for. He is fasting in an air-conditioned, wifi enabled Ramlila Maidan in front of 50,000 gullible people who blindly follow Baba Ramdev for the wonders he has created with Yogasana. If he preaches non-violence, why didn't he dissuade his supporters who went berserk and set up fire in the maidan? The Delhi police ensured safety of women and children present at the venue. Yet Baba lied by saying that they were assaulted and tortured. There is a possibility that many opposition party workers may be present in the venue who caused rampage to malign the government (Congress).

To conclude, Baba's style of staging protest is not fair.

Hey buddy

looks like you blindly follow the press conferences of "corrupt" politicians or of police and close your eyes when it comes to seeing the facts. If you would have watched the video footage on the numerous news channels, police lathicharged innocent and defenseless people. The fire was made by police to remove all from the stage. No where it was seen that people were attacking the police or there was anyone instigating them. just think if they would have been instigated or attacked police, 1lac people attacking 5000 police, it would have been a massacre, similar to what happens in china or in middle east nations where people were killed to supress the protest.
I am also no supporter of ramdev, but I am a staunch supporter of the cause, and look at the cause and not at the person. If crores of indians feel the same way for corruption today, then they are ready to fight for it.

varundosi

My friend, I am not averse to the cause for which Baba Ramdev is fighting. I strongly support it. But, the manner in which he held protest is not acceptable. Why did Baba and his entire team had to exhort around 50,000 people to support his cause? He could have silently performed his fast without creating waves. I too observed police lathicharged innocent people. But, no single woman or child was assaulted or hurt. Baba shouldn't have belied this fact to garner support and attention. When an entire contingent of police reached Ramlila Maidan at 1 a.m., Baba donned a salwar kameez and dupatta and got mixed among women supporters for fear of arrest. If he knows he is fighting for a good cause, he should be fearless and should have continued his protest than escaping the venue.

Don't you think Baba should have addressed the problems pertaining to black money and its implications on the common man? Baba digressed from the topic completely while speaking to his supporters and media. He spoke on all the impractical, irrational topics like regionalism, curricula in Hindi language, etc.

Hey buddy

looks like you blindly follow the press conferences of "corrupt" politicians or of police and close your eyes when it comes to seeing the facts. If you would have watched the video footage on the numerous news channels, police lathicharged innocent and defenseless people. The fire was made by police to remove all from the stage. No where it was seen that people were attacking the police or there was anyone instigating them. just think if they would have been instigated or attacked police, 1lac people attacking 5000 police, it would have been a massacre, similar to what happens in china or in middle east nations where people were killed to supress the protest.
I am also no supporter of ramdev, but I am a staunch supporter of the cause, and look at the cause and not at the person. If crores of indians feel the same way for corruption today, then they are ready to fight for it.

varundosi

My friend, I am not averse to the cause for which Baba Ramdev is fighting. I strongly support it. But, the manner in which he held protest is not acceptable. Why did Baba and his entire team had to exhort around 50,000 people to support his cause? He could have silently performed his fast without creating waves. I too observed police lathicharged innocent people. But, no single woman or child was assaulted or hurt. Baba shouldn't have belied this fact to garner support and attention. When an entire contingent of police reached Ramlila Maidan at 1 a.m., Baba donned a salwar kameez and dupatta and got mixed among women supporters for fear of arrest. If he knows he is fighting for a good cause, he should be fearless and should have continued his protest than escaping the venue.

Don't you think Baba should have addressed the problems pertaining to black money and its implications on the common man? Baba digressed from the topic completely while speaking to his supporters and media. He spoke on all the impractical, irrational topics like regionalism, curricula in Hindi language, etc.

Hey buddy

Nidzi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I personally feel that the cause is good & people should support all such causes specially the youth should lend their support to all such causes..

Nidzi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
And talking about Baba's entering into politics i feel that What's the problem with having good people entering politics? Why can't people with good intentions form a political party.. when people with unclear intention are entering into politics then why can't people with pure intention can enter into politics.....

indian_tiger

First of all to make this protest actually count, one needs to have general public support. You can yourself see that govt bowed down to anna'a movement, only when the support increased. Earlier they dint paid any heed to him... Ramdev tried to resist arrest, because he feared that police might kill him, which is very much a possibility as we all know (for references you can check 2 people who "committed suicide" in 2G scam). Also I am unable to get this thing, that why are people saying that a yoga guru should just concentrate on his yoga and should not start dharna or fasts... Isn't this right of every indian, be it me or you or ramdev, or anyother person even, manmohan singh (need permission from madam) to protest against any injustice and corruption. so why just pinpoint ramdev. he is concerned about corruption and declining of indian culture and thats what he is pointing. If you ever go to germany or france, those people still do not teach english and most of their studies are in their native language. All these are valid points. I do not support ramdev but i support the cause and if anyone fights for this cause I am with that person, either be ramdev or anna or any politician (too gud to be true, but still :SugarwareZ-177:)
And regarding the lathicharge, please switch on any channel or news site and you can very well see the lady who has been paralyzed because of that lathicharge....
As per current estimates, the black money in only swiss bank (excluding other tax havens) is estimated to be about 1.3 trillion dollars (almost 70% of indias gdp)... and a govt who has been in power for 55 years out of 64 years is obviously involved in this whole heartedly...

indian_tiger

also if people like digvijay singh (if he sneezes then also he blames RSS for that and of Osama ji fame) are in politics, then baba is hundred times better than him...
There is no harm in anyone joining politics if he is able to cleanse even 0.1% of India.

Princesstini

Teres nothing like supporting one or other.... its just all politics muvie... now Anna will again go on hunger strike. its a never ending game and later everyone will be rewarded......

Princesstini

Teres nothing like supporting or not supporting....all these events are totally political events...now Anna will again go on strike...and this will go round and rounds and later every one will be rewarded wid BLACK AND WHITE money...so NO COMMENTS

itsmylife1985

Sorry but I am not in favour of Baba Ramdev. I agree that what has happened but it is more politically motivated rather than genuine. Even at the time when anna hazare had sat for his fast they same thing had come up regarding Baba that he planned to use this protest for his political gains and now when already a commission has been created to pen down a draft for the bill this agitation was not required at all.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
It took 3 years to arrest Hasan Ali,
2 years to act against A. Raja,
6 months to arrest Kalmadi

and 1 day to arrest Baba Ramdev !!!!

Nidzi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Exactly.....Every political leader in India has billions or even millions of black money in swiss bank.And when things came up to this leaders police came into force...
I think we should stop thinking of why baba is doing this rather than what is he doing and whom is it going to benefit.

PR_mp

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Its time for all corrupted ministers to run away. Its so nice to see India getting united and shouting against Corruption but our democracy still needs to be strong so that even a common man can start a revolution against anything wrong that is taking place...Ramdev Baba is supporting a good cause that is a different story he mite be having his own intentions but a person who is respected should have been respected even by our Police. Why does it happen still in Indian Democracy that common man does not have power and is always get hampered when we stand for a good cause

I agree with Varun and Manasi in earlier posts.

It was Death of Democracy that midnight and I felt really bad to see shut down that cause in such a manner. First of all, this proved that our government is not strong enough to give answer to Baba Ramdev in front of all in a daylight. They chosen midnight to lathicharge innocent people there. Be it Anna Hazare or Baba Ramdev, I am supporting this cause first. I think youth should look at the cause and not a specific person or his intentions. Cause is going to benefit India's system only and most of all to us.

I would like to point out here few mistakes committed by BABA RAMDEV:

1. He did not taken any persmission to use RAMLILA Ground for SATYAGRAH (Instead of this he could use JANTAR MANTAR). 1st excuse by Govt for police action. But it was not overall a big deal, as we all have a right to do protest like this specially when we are in Thousands / Lacs.

If Govt was honest then they could tell BABA to change the place of SATYAGRAH instead of POLICE FORCE.

2. BABA was supposed to sit at stage when police arrived. Instead of a respectful police arrest, BABA gave a childish matter to GOVT, when he tried to hide himself in WOMEN, even he used WOMEN clothes to hide his identity. We can't expect such a kind of act from a typical SATYGRAHI. Anna Hazare would have sacrificed himself to arrest with proud.

3. BABA signed a document (in so called pressure) in the presence of ministers.
We can see BABA was not aware about these political tacts, Kapil Sibbal (who is one of cleverest lawyers of India) taken a signed document from him ( SO CALLED AGGREMENT between BABA n GOVT). BABA was supposed to be serious about all these things when he was talking to Govt.

Thus, there was huge difference between Anna Hazare's movement and Baba Ramdev's movement against corruption.

:SugarwareZ-151:

Nidzi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Ramdev in ICU, administered glucose, condition stable
PTI Jun 10, 2011, 06.15pm IST

DEHRA DUN/HARIDWAR: Yoga Guru Ramdev was on Friday admitted to intensive care unit in a hospital in Dehradun when his health deteriorated on the seventh day of fast and doctors said his condition was "stable" after he was administered glucose.

Yes I support.
This issue of corruption and black money abroad is very Important and critical for our country and raising such issues are our national duty.
Public in general remains neutral due to poor knowledge and awareness of such issues, since this does not relate direct to the individual.

It is the efforts of Baba Ramdev since last one year for his 1 lac km journey through out India and making people aware of such issues. After such mammoth effort only, awareness has created everywhere.
Government can do atrocities with Ramdev but It can not leave issues for long time, otherwise this Govt has to go.
Baba Ramdev looks like failure but he has done his work sincerely in last one year, he need not worry.