Physical Education

Encouraging physical activity in the young through compulsory PE fights child obesity and contributes to forming lifelong habits of exercise. But what it is forced o students?

sunandaC

Encouraging physical activity in the young through compulsory PE fights child obesity and contributes to forming lifelong habits of exercise. But what it is forced o students?

Hey Dimpy

Can you be specific as regards what do want to specify are you on the positive side or the negative so that i get a clear idea to write my own opinions....

Well for me almost 80% of people being lazyyy need to be made compulsory to exercise so that they develop good health.

Anyways there are very few people in this world who think and care for others - i mean the ones whom they don't know especially for these minute things that actually mean a lot in life

at the end health is wealth

Phys ed is one of the best parts of school. That and lunch time. If school was all about sitting on your butt listening to your teacher blabber, that'd be friggin hell. I sucked at physical education in school by the way and I still was glad we had it and got to run around. I say it's important, not for obesity, per se, but because kids and teens are in their developmental years and if they're just sitting on their butts, they're going to make their life a serious habit of sitting on their butts. Plus, the ability to do run well by controlling your breathing and getting it adapted is a learned thing. If we didn't have mandatory running (well, my schools had it once a month, at least) to train us, I'd think running would be a good way to kill myself. Plus, the kids might like phys ed so much they'll join after school sports... which is always better than them getting bored and doing drugs or having sex or some crap.

rahul2k

I feel that physical education should be made compulsary coz weveryone enjoys the physical activity and if someone does not enjoy ity, then there is some problem with that individual like he might be lazy, lethargic etc which can be removed by compulsary P.E

The quality of the physical education program, not just the time spent on the class, is the foremost concern. Physical education policy should prioritize quality while, simultaneously and/or subsequently, trying to increase the amount of time physical education is offered in schools.