IPL or WC 2011

ROHITMBA11

Which of the two you think is a better marketing platform, considering the national and international viewer-ship ??

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I belive that WC is a bigger platform than the IPL. WC has more importance than the IPL.IPL is a league format whereas is a country specific.Every citizen wants his/her country to win the worldcup.This year the extravaganza has been doubled because the WC is happening in India,India is the most preferred country to win the WC and this may be Sachin's last WC.So,all this combined will make the WC is the most preferred platform than the IPL.Moreover,IPL happens every year but WC happens every 4 yrs.

So,considering the national audience WC is the best marketing platform.This is evident from the money been poured into the WC 2011.International audiences have a slightly diff taste than the local ones.Cricket doesn't have International fan following like Football.Cricket is a 8-9 hrs affair and most international ppl don't want to spend so much time before the screens watching the game.So,they would prefer the shorter version where the IPL can fit in.

-Deepak.

shobhit.khanna

Depends on the target market chosen by the company. If it wants to globally promote its company, then WC. For national players, IPL is good enough.

roadrash1

ne day .. WC is much better than IPL.. at least we r fighting against countries nd not against states.. with much more talented players

abhishreshthaa

Well i think that, World Cup is obviously much higher as compared with IPL in terms of Viewership as the passion which people have for World Cup is undoubtedly more then craze for IPL... which automatically brings viewership for World Cup at a high degree...
but when we talk about Marketing thing, then i think that WC is not marketed at the level which IPL is. As everyone knows the Auctions are carried out to buy best player for their team by team owners, which automatically acts as great marketing thing by them.. but not stuff like this is present in WC so this may be the reason why IPL leads WC in terms of marketing