Are TATA's On right Path?

Are TATA's on Right Path?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anant1a

Hi All,

What do u think are TATA's on right Path?

Is it doing a Gambling or Calculated Over Risky affair?

Buyin CORUS and now Bidding for Land Rover and Jaguar.

What do u all feel??

Plz share your valuable Inputs and Comments.

Thanks,

Anant

chintan27

tata will surely fail in their project of 1,00,000rs. car. they still can not even start their project, where Maruti 800 production cost 95,000 rs.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
TATA's will always stay in business. Their complex business models are all woven around satisfied employees. The models might fail but the employees make them work neways ;)

NitinGupta

Once an english man said i will eat every ounce that an indian is capable of producing ( during the british raj ....when tatas gave india the 1st steel indutry) and now tatats are..........1st tetley...corus....not the cars

thats the way to go, every indian should be proud of TATA'S

Richasaraf

Freinds Tata's are on the right path but they are trying to grow pretty fast the big leap it took when they acquired a much bigger company like Corus has paid off well but it will take time for them to really show good change in their balance sheets similarly now buy aquiring Jaguar and land Rover its trying to add new gems in its stable but it is unlikely that it is going to pay them well in this senario.... No doubt their dream project of 1lac rupees car has gone far a toss so may be by adding these brands it is trying to compensate and thinking it will pay them off well in near future... well for actual results lets wait n see..:)

anant1a

Well many have almost good opinions

But seeing the Market trend now...

I feel TATA is taking too much risk..

Seeing the US Recession going for Land Rover and Jaguar doesnt make sense.
Also there is No Succession Plan made after Ratan Tata.
Hence its very dull future like who will Lead TATA Sons after him.
how would Leadership tak place.

Also its tryin to become Dino and all knows Dino's are extinct now...

Hence this is Fear which many have tat TATA is it heading towards Downfall??

Thanks,

Anant

Abby

yeah..tata's r on a right aggressive path.
tatasons hs an immense experience behind ech industry thy operate in...
with increasi demand thy r tryi to capyure more and more market as ths is d most lucrative time...
the benifits wil cm after d economy opens up or aftr 5 yrs

anant1a

Well I agree the Postive aspects which you people are saying for Long term Benefits,

But What happens to Succession Planning and leading TATA SONS after Ratan Tata???

Who will guide the Giant Dino Of India in Right Direction??

Isnt tat a Billion Dollar question???

Leadership is important for any Business to succeed and Sustain...

Who is Next???

amit_studies

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think something started with a good desire can succeed no matter what happens.. i'll explain u why:

Just 2day i read in a newspaper as to how Ratan Tata came up with the idea of 1 lac car. It goes this way:

Once during this monsoon season, he was travelling in his car when he saw a poor family of 4, standing below a shed protecting themselves from cold and heavy rain happening at that time. thats when tata decided that he'll make the car affordable for masses. Now thats called MANAGER WITH A HEART.

So though many may consider that he's too aggresive, but the bootomline is that he's not thinking about his profit only, but he's also looking out for welfare as well.

With regards to his new plans for acquisition,, he should rather go slow because still the 1 lac car is in the pipeline..

Amit.

amit_studies

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think something started with a good desire can succeed no matter what happens.. i'll explain u why:

Just 2day i read in a newspaper as to how Ratan Tata came up with the idea of 1 lac car. It goes this way:

Once during this monsoon season, he was travelling in his car when he saw a poor family of 4, standing below a shed protecting themselves from cold and heavy rain happening at that time. thats when tata decided that he'll make the car affordable for masses. Now thats called MANAGER WITH A HEART.

So though many may consider that he's too aggresive, but the bootomline is that he's not thinking about his profit only, but he's also looking out for welfare as well.

With regards to his new plans for acquisition,, he should rather go slow because still the 1 lac car is in the pipeline..

Amit.

Anandmms

Hi All,

What do u all feel??

Thanks,

Anant

Hi!
Actually your worry is right but when you consider the global senario Indian steel industry was nowhere before the Corus acqusition. Mittal as an agressive and hostile strategist, is crossing leaps and bounds while being the steel Emperor!! What was pinching in the eyes of TATAS was their position in the global steel industry!!! So, they sweetly accuired Corus, which not only elevated the position, but also substantially increased the capacity of production!!:SugarwareZ-299:

Now its time for JAGUAR & LANDROVER. Agreed that their takeover strategies are not as aggressive and hostile as Mittal but still its trying to make the same move here too. If you are following the recent news the automobile sector in India is showing decrease in sales and profits. So TATA is going for two tactics
1. Introduction of car little above Rs. 1oo,ooo.
2. Accqusition of JAGUAR & LANDROVER.

SO DONT WORRY TATAS ARE GOING GREAT
:SugarwareZ-191:

jeekay

tatas are definitely on the right path. The worl economy is moving east and we have to have global companies in India that is part of the new world order. Who better than than the TATAs who have been a company with a heart!!!...
Three Cheers to India and being an Indian....

madaboutmba

Hi All,

What do u all feel??

Thanks,

Anant

i think it's a calculated risk which the TATA's are taking........
TATA is 1 brand in INDIA whhich is know for keeping a step back in whatever they do...........they don believe in taking the risks.......they analyse the market first and then come out with a plan...........that's why the revenues that they earn are much less then what they could have earned by taking th risks.............see incase of TCS.....where S ramodrai believes in takin risks that's y TCS forms a major portion of the whole of the revenue earned by the TATA conglomerate............
long time,the other TATA group should start taking risks now.......
so i can only say that no matter where TATA goes......it'll always come out in flying colors...........

zaheedsaidani

Ratan Tata lauched the one-lakh car which everybody said it couldn’t be done, it would take a miracle to make it happen, a impossible, "no" to which Tata responded by saying "Na-no". Yes friends as the name itself means one of the billionth and advance term indicating the advancement in technology. Nano is already known as the "People's car" giving feeling of apnaa paan. This car meets the security creteria, environmental friendly, and gives good mileage is surely the car of people.

If we speak of India, we only think of major cities, but friends, more than 75% India is still rural where communcation and transportation problems still persists "we have a long way to go". And in urban areas also if consider majority of the masses lie in the category of middle class. So looking at both the rural and urban problems, this car will surely meet the needs of people in the price, comfort, style, mileage, security, pollution-free, sturdy and etc etc. Gr8 job. WE ARE PROUD OF THE TATA'S giving so much in such a price band. India has made a History in the world by offering such a low cost and qality car. Once again Kudos to TATA's

anant1a

I agree to all of u friends that TATA's have got so much to INDIA.
Even I am not against them.

Its just my concern what happens to TATA if Something happens to RATAN TATA?

Will it still work as its functioning now?
Also without any Leadership no Firm can survive longer so how long will TATA survive?
Has it identified some Leaders or like L&T its professional institute?
Even in Infosys after Nayaran Murthy and Nandan Kris is new face.
So planning is ALWAYS done.. but

But in TATA where is that Planning???

simran_bhatia

yes offcourse TATA's are on the right path and going on the right direction as they are taking India abroad as a recognized and respected nation worldwide....
and for all this thanks to these TATA persons...

beone

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
yeah they will grow more i think but they grew too fast. Do they really have an economical background to support this rapid growth without any problem??

anant1a

Well seeing the Situation now. It feels TATA made hasty decision for taking over Jaguar and Land Rover as if they might have waited they could have bought it at lower valuations.

Also In difficult Situation its tough for a Dinasour to move and survive.

As news came today about TATA Power short of 700cr- 800cr for each FY10 & FY11

there will be huge Money Supply problem for TATA.

Lets hope they cope up will and Survive..