Is India getting westernised?

Babai

Hello friends , today i am going throw a very interesting topic for discussion which is whether India is gradually getting westernised? In india , we see a great deal of diversity.on the one hand, the majority of Indian population lives in the rural areas where people suffer from poverty , illiteracy and other social evils and on the other hand , most of the people living in the big cities who enjoy a high standard of living are gradually beginning to follow the western culture .So, the question is are we really starting to follow the western culture in terms of food habit , clothing or any other parameter?

yeggina

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Everything has changed in India from the time of colonial rule.
Some say, they brought development and growth. But it seems like we are filled with poverty.
I read an article which mentioned the fact that India was a princely State where no beggars could be found when the East India Company came to India. It was a prosperous country.
Now, where do we stand in the World platform? A rich country filled with diversity has now lost its identity.
Everything is filled with pros and cons.

The government should westernize, at least they could get some common sense and guide India to a new, better start.

If we take a look at the current condition of our nation then we will find that westernization has already built a permanent place in each and everything. I think culture, tradition, religion is still there in our nation and peoples of India follow them but westernization has become our necessity now.