Does celebrity brand endorsement forms a part of effective advertising ?

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
According to me endorsing celebrities for advertising is not a good idea. Although they are the stars in their own disciplines, making them a part of commercials is not healthy. Celebrities in India a highly venerated and "fanified", so bringing them to ads creates a wrong perception of their acting ie. people start creating issues like they dont concentrate on acting since they are upto commercials more than acting and earn lumpsum.

Apart from television stars, sportspersons are also among the brand ambassadors for various commercial products. This deviates them from their careers sometimes leads to poor performance in their respective sports and also causes a sense of hatred among the sport lovers. But yes, thinking from an Advertising agency point of view, celebrity brand endorsement is a vital part as they use the celebrities for commercializing their product in a large scale so tat they can reach the customers rapidly.

So the brand endorsement using celebrities must be minimized. what do u think?

hansom_dracula

As per me it does. Celebrity endorsement does form a part of effective advertising. It highlights the touchpoints of a celebrity and hence that gains in aiding to the value of the celebrity in market.

Cathal

Answer is it depends on the product. If a top sports person is advertising products related to his/her own sport then this is likely to have an impact. On the other hand when you see celebrities endorsing products that are not related to them in any way (for example a lot of celebrities seem to be endorsing laser hair treatment at the moment!) it is not as effective. There are have been several studies conducted to highlight this.

Shocky

celibrities on their own ae a brand image/ personality which if included in an advt add more value and fan following..................hence you can say celibrites increase the effectiveness of ads

V

vardhanvishnug

yes ofcourse because in AP there are celebrities like chiru who advertise for cola drinks but how healthy is it to take the cola drinks to the people???

aether18

i think it depends on the celebrity who adds to the brand. for eg amithabh bachan in cadbury's advert at the time of them having worm infested dairy milks brought them out of it.... while a sharukh campaigning for lux cozi has not worked!!!!