Do MBA with or without job experience?

cythorion

MBA is said to hold no meaning for those who have no job experience as they havnt seen the practical applications of the topics being taught in the course.

Yet getting into a good MBA college requires cracking difficult exams and thus requires a lot of effort which cannot be invested while working!

So there's a trade-off between first doing a MBA or get some first hand job experience, what would your choose?

opportunity

according to me ,it depends upon the person to person..there r no fixed rules that person should do Mba after experience of 1 or 2 year..it surely helps but if u r a BMS student then there is no neeed of experience rather crack Cat or Cet go in good college and get a good placements.even Indian Mbs is not much practical as compared to Foreign university Mba so no need of experience here to do Mba.if u wanna do Mba via foreign university then there is a need of experience as it has more practical approach.

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I prefer one should have atleast 2 years work experience to fully assimilate all principles of mgmt taught in a regular MBA. A fresher takes an MBA more theoretically while someone with experience wud be able to relate the theory with his professional experience.

didashish

MBA more or less has become a fashion statement....students feel that just after their graduation an MBA is a ticket to get a secured job. But the reality is different. I believ getting atleast an years experience helps.

sheen1

i too feel dat MBA with experience is more valuable than without...
one give more value nd better perspective to case studies in MBA if he has experience

everkids

taking a part-time mba would be good. As u have working experience and able to meet part-time student from other company. If can help u in ur assignment too. Example some assignment require u to interview some company, u can interview ur own company.
the only thing is u have little or not time to enjoy life during that period.
If u take when u got no experience, some subject like organisational behavior will be difficult for u to understand. ur understand on the material will not be deep. but the advantage of taking earlier is theoretically u should climb the ladder faster than Ur friend without it.
choose which 1 suit u most

Ramki067

I prefer to do MBA now... and i'm working... I think in the present world happenings its better to take this approach...

chandrakant_jag

Mba college fees is huge compare to mba education
MBA is good for future as per the person to person. and whenever u taken admission in good collage then some chance to get placement in company
and MBA is some easy to for corporate experience people.

ravindra1

I would prefer gaining some practical hands-on experience before doing an MBA.This not only helps in understanding practically but also improves overall experience during that period.

jigar.mehta

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Depends on person to person...there are no rules for it..
as per my view doing with an Experience gives an added advantage for a higher post in the same company or for better job prospects..

vishalsaini2006

mba with job experience ,gives benefit who need upper position in job
mba without job experience, will be considered as a begineer :SugarwareZ-168::SugarwareZ-168::SugarwareZ-168::SugarwareZ-291::typing: