"Honor Killing" is it really for honor ....?

Alisha Savla

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hello,

Honor killing is were couple pays a death penalty for the loving each other. And this death death penalty is given by their own family members of the the couple.

There are many incidents in India which shows this attitude of family....... Family terms it that they have done it to save their honor and reputation in the society but is it really HONOR ?

Regards,
Alisha Savla

jotty

according to me its not.. its false honor of the parents forcing the couple to separate from each other... in some case leads to death

donold

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
honor killing it is reality recent incident in Harayana where Khap panchayat killed whole family of boy and girl really ridiculous ...

Hiral.s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Where is the 'honour' in 'honour killing'???

This issue indicates the extremities of Indian life.While Indian's cities are progressing at a rapid rate and also love marriages are becoming prevalent., many villages are not. In villages, caste system and their reputation remains of utmost importance than a human life.

The person can be burned alive, tortured,maimed or be beaten to death.

This may be a problem in villages due to the stong presence of Panchayat which consists of members of same caste and decides all the matters relating to their community.

abubashar

Honor killing is definitely is sin. And the most important point is that it gives amplification to hate and disrespect for the people involvement in execution of such inhuman activities. We all should come together and make sincere effort to demolish this act from the society.
Let's hope for the best in the time to come.....

drsaharan

Honor killing is something in which parents bring their EGO and children bring their LOVE in front of the world....

...I)...I-_-...\/...

Honour killing is done for saving the honour of the family...but after doing a monsterous act in the name of honour do you think family is able to save thier honour

klbemp

How can there possibly be any honour in killing is beyond me. As a parent, I want the best for my kids but they too need to have a say in the decisions they make its their future as well. Of course we have to do our best to keep them on the right path, but we can't go aorund killing our kids every time we disagree with them right?

DilipPurohit

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Its not for Honor but for the other Member of Family and other's People of that Particular Society.
This mostly happen in the Bigger Family or Joint Family and there is reason behind this.
eg: if the family of 8 member it include 3 sister and 2 brothers, if any one of the do any mistake of love marriage and run away it become difficult for the remaining Children to get married, because no one want to build relationship with that family, to avoid this and get marriage of the remaining children they Kill the on who had done the Love Marriage.

sanj1998

if dis is wht we called honour..............dan im sorry to be honourable in dis manner...........killing sum1 is never et all an honour.........who we can gave it the name of honour for just showing to the people.......?

annuabhi

cos nobody on earth would kill somebody for honour!! if needed they sacrifice their life but they cnt tk sumbdy elses life

Priya_Kitty

"Honor Killing" has been very wrongly christened. If you cannot honor your child's feelings, then how can killing your child in the name of society and family values bring the so called 'honor' to you and your family. There have been many cases in India which were reported to be honor killing, specially in the states of Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and, Bihar. It is rare in states of Maharashtra and Gujrat, whereas in West-Bengal, it ceased to exist centuries ago.

The duty now lies on our shoulders to bring a social reformation to kill the process of "Honor Killing" from our society by bringing a change in people's thinking through education (specially women's education), awareness programs, etc. :laser: "KILL HONOR KILLING FROM OUR SOCIETY"