Does detention actually serve the purpose?

sunandaC

Many a times it is seen students are aske to saty after lectures either in school or colleges as in the name of extra lectures or for any other reason. The question that arises here is not the time is taken to provide the extra knowledge or the time that is taken to complete the portion, is it worth to doing so?

Is School detention a waste of time? Do students really gain something from it or is this concept a waste of time that students benefit from either doing timepass? Should such kind of detention be allowed ?

:SugarwareZ-140:

krahul

Such kind of detention would definitely not be effective unless the student actually pays attention. In any case, it is a drastic step and should be taken only if other possibilities have been exhausted.

I used to bunk lectures yet scored exceptional marks as compared to my friends who were forced to sit in extra lectures. Well, according to me it is just a waste of time and nothing more. It all depends on mood and for the person like me, i only do what i feel about doing it. Well, the topic is intriguing and most of my friends believe me that detention is cruelty on students.