Do you think will SMS will be outdated concept after few years ?

neerajchauhan

Neeraj K Chauhan
Lots of people believe that once data i.e. GPRS, 3G etc is everywhere then SMS would be dead and will be history, with people instant messaging anything and everything these days, it will be hard to believe that in future people will not be messaging at all or else we could easily say that technology like GPRS and 3G will overhaul SMS.

Though I believe people will use SMS really less in future, I am a firm believer that SMS will not be dead, in fact it will find itself to be more useful in interesting ways. GPRS and the introduction of 3G can add a link in a message which can make the experience of a consumer even better on the phone!
This would make the sms itself more valuable as well and now don't you think that will be something really interesting and in a way SMS still has future.

:SugarwareZ-216:

Muraly

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
GPRS and 3G has come. ya i agree that sms will be reduced heavily. After getting internet connection I am not even recharging my mobile.

chaosinc

Really dont think so, SMS is quite effective, simple and cheap - 160 characters - maximum compatibility - cross platform independence makes it almost too good to leave behind in the pages of history for the next 20 years.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I feel SMS will soon be outdated.Once we have infra for sending vidoes over mobile networks,then ppl will hardly use the text services.I think with the emergence of 3G my words will soon become reality.

-Deepak.

aakanksha.b

i dont think so..sms are so popular among us..i mean ppl are addicted to it literally..cant be outdated for any reason..pll will still remain hooked to it..

manoj.v

well guys there is improvement and modification in technology every second these days pagers in no time were replaced by mobile phones so i am sure even sms will be taken over by some other new innovation

siddy1

i think MMS will take its place..and i am jus writing this so that i could download some cases...umm ammm...plz ignore this..im way too tired ryt now

Dhirajprasad

Lots of people believe that once data i.e. GPRS, 3G etc is everywhere then SMS would be dead and will be history, with people instant messaging anything and everything these days, it will be hard to believe that in future people will not be messaging at all or else we could easily say that technology like GPRS and 3G will overhaul SMS.

Though I believe people will use SMS really less in future, I am a firm believer that SMS will not be dead, in fact it will find itself to be more useful in interesting ways. GPRS and the introduction of 3G can add a link in a message which can make the experience of a consumer even better on the phone!
This would make the sms itself more valuable as well and now don't you think that will be something really interesting and in a way SMS still has future.

:SugarwareZ-216:
I don't think SMS will be get outdated in the near future ,as we are having calling facility in mobile still we are using SMS , like that you will get lot of example .
SMS gives the freedom to talk with someone smoothly which is not possible by other medium .

ashwini sinha

it all depends on intrest of the person ,as technology is progressing in 3G &
4G, SMS use my decrease ,it will become oudated, is not possible predict

asifaghadi

no at all ...even today every bdy lyk to pass sms to inform .. rather den calling .. instant msg services its kind of msg only .. to day black berry is in great demant because of instant messing service. people dont call and pass sms .. we can say giving phone will be outdated but sms cannot ..

jakegonsalves

Yes I agree with GPRS & 3G at our disposal SMSing will be hit big time but its cost factor may still attract people to use it. Who knows by that time you may get 100 smses for a rupee.....