Will India be a Developed country by 2020?

shar43

Hello friends,
We all hear it many times that India will be a developed country by 2020.
looking at the current progress rate, What do you think? Will India be a Developed country by 2020 or not?

subbu.nsb

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Statistically speaking, yes. India would be a developed country by 2020. But practically it won't be possible for the next 30yrs, at least. if it has to be developed country, we should work on

1)Bringing the black money into the society
2)abolish reservation systems
3)Corruption
4)Negative Media

We can't be a super power, until and unless we concentrate on the above listed drawback factors.

shar43

Statistically speaking, yes. India would be a developed country by 2020. But practically it won't be possible for the next 30yrs, at least. if it has to be developed country, we should work on

1)Bringing the black money into the society
2)abolish reservation systems
3)Corruption
4)Negative Media

We can't be a super power, until and unless we concentrate on the above listed drawback factors.

Completely agree with you. Why don't Leaders in our country think in the same way.
I want to include one more point. We should also pay attention to the rural areas where majority of the people live. The good education and employment needs to be implemented in those areas.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I would say India a developed country when we see only 1% of the population below the poverty line.The current gap b/w rich and poor should atleast narrow.We are seeing an increase no.of Indians in the global billionaire & millionare list.But we are forgetting that equal no.of population are also entering BPL.We have a lot of bottlenecks like infrastructure,energy,power etc.We have to see a lot of growth in that space.If all the above happens we can say that we are in the track of developed nations.

-Deepak.

shar43

I would say India a developed country when we see only 1% of the population below the poverty line.The current gap b/w rich and poor should atleast narrow.We are seeing an increase no.of Indians in the global billionaire & millionare list.But we are forgetting that equal no.of population are also entering BPL.We have a lot of bottlenecks like infrastructure,energy,power etc.We have to see a lot of growth in that space.If all the above happens we can say that we are in the track of developed nations.

-Deepak.

The points those you mentioned are really important for the growth. But this requires a big change in the whole system of India. Corruption should be vanished asap. We have many funds for the People who belongs to BPL, but hardly 10 % of it reaches to them and rest fills up the bank accounts of our corrupt leaders.

calvin86

i think inida will become a developed country by 2020 if we people contribute for the greater good of the country

asmin

it is possible for india to attain super power by 2020 because our history shows that we are v rich in inteligent manpower.

Nimesh Thaker

Yes indeed, We can and we will be a superpower. But not before 2020.. It would be much before that.. I would say by 2015...

All we need to do is ensure that we focus continually on improving the BOP, and the trade deficits have reduced drasticallay. A large number of people are still below poverty line. However the Standard of living has gone up overall. There is a clear evidence of improved infrastructure, Higher literacy percentage, Reduced unemployment levels.

Now since we are heading in the right directions, what needs to be watched out for is development of rural areas and control on corruption at all levels from top to bottom. This would ensure availability of the right amount of funds at the right place, for the right people and at the right time.

bluesmoke

Why not? With 50% population below age 25, these are the guys that would take demand and consumption to the next level. This would open our economy up and with the education system going on the liberalized high gear, we would have bunch of visionaries that may take drive the country to the next level. Now somebody has to bell the cat.. er... I mean Who is gonna educate the politicians? Where do we get the Founding Fathers? For one we can count Lalu... But others? Murthy may be? You find the rest and they will lead us.

Managment devil

Ya it will develope in POPULATION ,AIDS victims ,CRIMES, Cheap sellfish POLITICS and so on...... who Cares about country because their is no time to stand and stare
We are living in Democratic india Without freedom........

monuj

hell yes....i think india will 1 of the super power...what say guys

surely, we are on right track, u ask people from devloped countries, none of them have seen even 7% grwth rate, and we are still expecting it to be 8.6

hwh89

considering the raw materials they have, and the cheapness of their labor, also don't forget their knowledge in information systems, heck yeah they will become one of the worlds most powerful developed country.