Is it worth spending lakhs for Degree

syedhamid

Hey Fellas do u think is it worth to spend 7-8 Lakhs for commerce degree in Bangalore, when the student is of 70% in Academic.

Veerendrak

As Bill Gates said in his book 'Road A head', education is everything. I think it worth spending if you can afford.

KailashS

Hi !

in My opinion, the money is not spent for the course or the curriculum. it is spent for the resources that are made avialable to you. Doing a Degree from any college would not make a differnce if it were just about studying and writing exams. Why does an IITisn have more value over any other engineering graduate, it is because of the forums, resources, infrastructure etc that he is exposed to. Having said this, you also will have to consider if the course is affordable in terms of money and in terms of your ability to use the resources made available. To reap the benefits of your investment you must not just focus on the subjects taught but shoudl go beyond it to develop an overall outlook that will make you a true challenger in the profesional envronment

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Hi !

in My opinion, the money is not spent for the course or the curriculum. it is spent for the resources that are made avialable to you. Doing a Degree from any college would not make a differnce if it were just about studying and writing exams. Why does an IITisn have more value over any other engineering graduate, it is because of the forums, resources, infrastructure etc that he is exposed to. Having said this, you also will have to consider if the course is affordable in terms of money and in terms of your ability to use the resources made available. To reap the benefits of your investment you must not just focus on the subjects taught but shoudl go beyond it to develop an overall outlook that will make you a true challenger in the profesional envronment

Having seen 3 Idiots over and over again and from a purely logical standpoint, I do agree what Kailash here says.

What you are offered at an institute is network of highly spirited competitive individuals and information floating all over the place to be consumed. Its completely upto you to consume as much as possible by networking with faculty, learning from their real life experiences, developing social skills with peers and then there is a little bit of curriculum that needs attention too.

Percentages and academics are important but there are definitely things beyond academics that develop your personality.

Your investment is on the ecosystem than the academics.