Why do we have soo many " Days " Celebrated !? Mothers day, fathers day etc ?

torkolary

Why do we have soo many " Days " Celebrated !? Mothers day, fathers day etc ?

Why do we have so many 'days' - Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Womens Day? do we need a particular day to know the importance of these people in our lives??

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Re: Days

Its all consumerism to increase sale of cards, gifts, chocolates.

I concur, all these days are just ways to increase holidays and social spends but then its also a way of life.

We're so intertwined with our professional life that we hardly give any time to family and friends. Such days give us space to lay and have fun for a while.

rj031086

Rohan Jain
Re: Days

Why do we have so many 'days' - Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Womens Day? do we need a particular day to know the importance of these people in our lives??

well its not mandatory but there's no harm if we remember people with a particular day.

For instance, I read about so many achievements/success that women have made over the period of time in newspapers on women's day. I never realised certain things until i read the newspaper.

Celebrating a particular day is only a mark to pay tribute to people or as a medium to remember them & show respect from heart- be it women, men(it is not celebrated i guess),father, mother, children, etc.

adrianaf

Re: Why do we have soo many " Days " Celebrated !? Mothers day, fathers day etc ?

:))) because people take any opportunity to transform everything in a celebration and not go to work or such...

unipaul

Re: Why do we have soo many " Days " Celebrated !? Mothers day, fathers day etc ?

consumerism my friend, im sure one day their will be a sons day, or even doggy day

car.camry

land of customs , traditions.....and so .on...it shows how much do we care about our loved ones......

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member

consumerism my friend, im sure one day their will be a sons day, or even doggy day

Quite agree with you on that, I'm afraid in a few years each day will have multiple days assigned to it. Such that of 365 days each day will have hours alloted to it.

Seems absurd doesn't it, but the way we are adding festive days to our calender, it might just happen.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member

Quite agree with you on that, I'm afraid in a few years each day will have multiple days assigned to it. Such that of 365 days each day will have hours alloted to it.

Seems absurd doesn't it, but the way we are adding festive days to our calender, it might just happen.

sapnajuneja

In todays life when we don't have time to spend with our close ones, these days help us realize, how much these relations are important in our life.

milano1988

Its so needed...need of the hour...time to recalll loved ones

sureshpookot

There is lot of hype around this because of the immense peesure from many event management companies,many FMCG's and also many families who find these occassions to celebrate..However one thing which need to be mentioned here is that this sort of engagement is far better than the view of some people to have fun in the evenings alone,not to mention the cost involved in that..

anand2110

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)

"Its all consumerism to increase sale of cards, gifts, chocolates." i agree :)