HardWorking or Smart working?

roshcrazy

MP Guru
What I believe is Smart work & hard work go together.
If you are an agent of any call center & you are satisfying your customers while on phone & ur Team Leader is happy with you but you are not maintaining your stats then at the end of the month you will get your normal salary. However if you will maintain your stats & will satisfy customers as well then you would get a very good salary. You would have got brilliant chances of promotion if u are doing smart work including hard work. Such kind of person comes in the eyes of his Managers & supervisors, but if a person will keep on doing hard work like a spider does to climb the wall then it will take a very long time for him to get promoted.

Smart work in an industry means ur manager should see that you are doing hard work & taking care of the entire team in absence of ur team leader. So, these two things go together.:)

varunkohli.jim

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey thats really nice thread.... dear i agree with u all that smart working is much necessary and i luv to do things smartly...... but have u thought upon that at this moment in India mostly employers are old age people and they all prefer that the employee should be hard worker he should stay in the office for all day and his performance is evaluated on his duty timings..... wats ur opinion.....?????

I know that I may be wrong....... but do prove me wrong..

adiatparadise

U knw guys...wht i feel is this..

many people think smart work is superior to hard work...bt i think smart work is INCLUSIVE of hard work..bein smart means doing th work in maximum possible efficient way in least time..(N OF COURSE PRODUCTIVE!!!!)...

neways...u cant do hard work all th time..nor can u be smart at all times...its relative..

keep on postin..feels gr8 to exchng views...

sanaa

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
nice topic....firstly smart work is an in thing.....when u need to impress someone...i mean the clients etc..but ofcourse hard work creates an lasting impact on the organisation as well as on ur own personal satisfaction....

i would jst like to ask whether anything like "ethics" is an important factor while playing smat???

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I don't clearly understand the exact diff b/wn smart work and hard work.If a person is able to finish the work on/in time and at the same time doing it effectively is smart work.But hard work also means the same.The deciding factor could be how much stress the work gives on the individual.If it burdens him so much it may be called as a Hard work and if the person hasn't felt much duress then we may call it a smart work.

One more thing,a person one who works hard today will finish the work smartly tomorrow,if given the same job.So smart work comes out of hard work.I could see no diff b/w 2 types of work.

-Deepak.

meghs

definitely both you hav to be hardworking and smartworking if u want to achieve greater success in your carreer..

drishti

performance cannot be measured by duty timings, it is measured how much work one do efficiently during those timings, it might be possible that a person works for 10 hrs but takes one whole day to complete 2 hours work in highly efficient manner which is not required sumtimes. it is also possible dat the same kind of work is completed within in an hour carelelssly such that it does not serve the purpose . and thus task has to be repeated. so i will say working hard as well as working smartly should go hand in hand.

amit_studies

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hii . nice topic first of all.

I think in this era if some one has to survive he will have to do smart work. Take for example our exams (BMS), these exams keep happening every 6 months with ample of projects which take away 80% of the time, now how do u manage to study at the last minute and still get good marks.

Obviously the answer is not coping (im sure many of u'll must have thought this :SugarwareZ-191: ) jokes apart, u can survive only through smart work that is selective study and not donkey study..

Thanks,
Amit.:tea:

lalith_bafna

to tell you all my opinion smart work would raise by continuous hard works. u creat a habit of doing things fast and accurate wen u work hard and hard for long time..well this is not included for all activities.but to some extend the smart work goes that way.. i may b wrong. but this is wht i felt..again as i said this is not applicable to all works .

hemant.k008

Good to hear from all of u on this topic...

Well, in my opinion, i fee l that 80% of smart work and 20% of hard work can give u the desired results..
In todays world no one prefer to do donkey work.. Even best of organisation recruit people those who are smart enough to generate results rather that a sloggy person...b it in any frield say marketing or finance. one need to do work smart enough.......

chetan86

As to survive in this competitive world, one should be hard working with smart works. i mean one should dedicate himself towards his/her work hard. Heshould work in a smart & unique maaner which will make him/her different from others in the global market.

chetan86

As to survive in this competitive world, one should be hard working with smart works. i mean one should dedicate himself towards his/her work hard. Heshould work in a smart & unique maaner which will make him/her different from others in the global market.
:SugarwareZ-191: