Hockey being a National game of INDIA even then should cricket be given more importan

mukta.bhosekar

i also agree that each and every game has its own importance...but the fact is Hockey is our national game....and it should get attention...watch chak de and you will understand the condition of hockey (the national game) in india... i am not against cricket....i like cricket tooo but some times i feel cricket is getting over importance...

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hi,
if u find this topic interesting ,kindly reply

Agreed friend.We are giving importance to cricket than to hockey.But India is a democractic country.Everyone has the right to watch or workship whatever one likes.Majority of the people like Cricket than Hockey and so cricket has become so popular which inturn has increased the sponsorships and etc...Even in the midst of cricket fever,people still know gr8 hockey players like Dhanraj pillai.So the only solution for this prblm cud be Indians shud start performing at the international level in Hockey.Only by then they can attract more sponsors and TV viewers.I think the movie "Chak De" serves as a eye-opener for that.Letz wait and watch

-Deepak.

rinku_sharma

Yes you are very coreect ,cricket is given unnecessary media attation. we have other sports and we are proud of them.

Hockey is the national game of india but cricket is given more important because we people believe cricket as one of the religion in India. Moreover most of the sponsorship is provided to cricket and media coverage is also the play a vital role for making cricket famous in comparison to hockey.