Grades in 12th??

grail

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Do you support kapil sibal's idea of introducing grading system in 12th???
would it be effective in decreasing the pressure off the students? or will it create extra burden? having to give extra admission tests, since there would be no cut-offs to rely upon????
what's your take??

gurpreetsingh

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Introduction of grading system in 12th will be a good move as it will reduce the pressure from students and in this case students will be able to focus on their higher studies and their area of interest

nalkrish

It is much better to have grading system from Class 1 through Class 12. This will remove the rank - syndrome among the students. When a student gets a grade like say B, he might want to to do better and aim for A without unnecessarily worrying about how much marks he is lagging from the topper.
The grades would also rid the system of comparison which is done mainly by the parents, again is a discouraging factor for many students.

But the following questions needs to be answered still:
1. Would grading be the basis of admission to undergraduate courses ? If so, how do you manage the large number of students who will be in the same grade? Will instituttions provide admission to all of them, just because they have secured that grade.
2. Also what would be minimum grade requirments for entrace exams (for e.g like IIT JEE)

sachistrue

I'm not sure this will help,
i mean you can't get specific idea about how far you are lagging behind
the topper.

magical

i dont at all agree with the grading system.its good for very weak students otherwise it is not. imagine you are getting 74% and just due to 1% you lose distinction. anyways percentage is a must which everone wants to know. it can create inferiority complex among the average and superiority complex among the wak. one should know their marks.