Credit card for child--good habit?

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Off late,I'm seeing the credit card companies have got a new range of consumers, namely the children.I don't see any logic behind offering the plastic cards to a child.It will make them added to the defaulters list even before they are eligible to be added for voter's list.Moreover,a child doesn't have such kinda financial requirement to use a credit card.The rules played by credit card companies are making even a versatile users fools sometimes.so at this juncture giving the child plastic money is a useless concept.

This is the time the Govt must intervene and must stop the credit card companies trying to target children.Already children are being kidnapped across all parts of the country.So this is will in turn encourage the kidnappers to do the same at a large scale.

Pour your thoughts.

-Deepak.

Jayita

Totally agree wid u! Its just spoilin our youth it just makes dem not realsie da value of money as they hv it sp easily n it wil eventually b a debt 4 their parents!Its not the right thing 2 give children.... at an age where they shud b rather taught how 2 handle money wid care dis gives dem complete freedom 2 spend widout even knwin if wat they r spendin is worth it!!
This shud Not b promoted!

dk2424

this trend is being followed in usa (the credit card is allotted 2 small children but d due payments is made by their parents so its them who have 2 decide whether their child must have credit card or not)as far as credit cards companies are concerned its just a techniques of business used by them 2 attract more customers hence d credit cards comp are trying 2 implement those marketing practices in India 2.

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I believe credit card is good for kids? Why?

Well one can keep good track on stuff bought.
The parents can actually have a list as to where the childrens expenditure is.
The parents can confront him and help him understand the value of money.
Doing so you get free credit.
As for kidnapping of kids due to credit cards, the security from the companies can be extended to having photo based credit cards.

So in a way the cards are good for children to understand value of money.

pooja.teku

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i think that depends on the parents
if the parents r linent they wont mind their child makin uncessary expensises even when they might keep an account of it
if a stict parent is there then the child may thnk 10times before buyin something n that good as he will know wat is important n will understand the value of money

beone

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
children should not given credit cards and cell phones before a certain age... everything has its time......

saigopal

Credit card given to children is Good or Bad
totally depends upon the parents who give cards to their child.

Its good if card is used for necessary purposes and parent has hold to what child purchases and how it uses the card(the opportunity given to them)

Its Bad if Opportunity is Misused or parents do not have hold to the what child purchases

Sai