appreciation of rupee v/s bpo

vinodkumar2805

will the appreciation of rupee against the dollar affect the cost effectiveness of bpo's...!!!!!wats ur opinion..is this just a phase and bpos wont take their proceses bac or inida is loosing the shine of being cost effectives in dis sector comapred to china and other countries....???????????

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I am of the opinion that the ruppee will appreciate given the US meltdown. Ofcourse that will have an effect on the indian stock markets as well but the inflow of FII's will have a trade off with the loosing markets.

There are soo many theories that its hard to predict although given the fact that all consequences are long term, the BPO industry does not have any short sighted road blocks.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
will the appreciation of rupee against the dollar affect the cost effectiveness of bpo's...!!!!!wats ur opinion..is this just a phase and bpos wont take their proceses bac or inida is loosing the shine of being cost effectives in dis sector comapred to china and other countries....???????????

The rupee appreciation is going to hit the balance sheets of IT & ITES sectors.But we are not gng to loose the cost effectives wen compared to china.The knowledge base we have built and the value we have added to the U.S counterparts is going to outweigh the Chinese works.Indian BPOs are nt valued to mainly based on the cost-effectiveness.Instead we have and are still moving-up the value chain & are providing a end-to-end solutions to the IT companies in US.

-Deepak.

Bhupesh

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
It is going to Hit BPO companies that are dependent on Outsourcing work, but companies doing work for Indian market will have mixed effect

vinodkumar2805

well in todays hindustan times business (dated 14th aug 2007) there is a nice article regarding this issue....plz hav a look..will help u in replyin to this topic..!!!