Should Parents allow their child to choose their own carrier as per their choice?

kaminey

yes they should.............
i strongly feel so............

this i can say so because its really important for the teen to know which field interests him/her.......

what he/she is planning to percieve is also important

sonic

Of course. Ultimately the career choice should depend on the person's interest and abilities. Parents can help the teen identify his areas of strengths and weaknesses and work as an eye-opener for him. But they should also consider the teen's point of view and reach a win-win solution.

gargi.n

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
obviously yes its their life they can chosse what ever they wish to coz they hv to make a living out of it so parents should give them this liberty atleast

tyro.guide

Should Parents allow their child to choose their own carrier as per their choice?
Useful and interesting Q. Parents as a part of the child's career guidance should discuss and find out his/her strength & weakness. Should educate them about the scope of the career. Should listen to informations/ideas being collected by their child from his/her friends and mentor. And finally help the child in choosing the career.

subha.k

Parent can allow the child to select their interest or passion. This way with a little encouragement from the parents, always the result will be more positive.
The film 3 idiots is a very good example for this.

preetvarunsingh

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
absolutely yes..student should be given freedom in deciding his future.. parent at max can be the guide but its child who has to make final decision

whats the question about should? its a free world and unfortunately its because of the grind created by what ought to be that people end up with wrong professional choices. give them space, time and patience and they will grow. so yes that choice has to exist

magical

i think the decision should be of both. parents should consider childrens choice.parents know more as they have seen the world. they know more as they have seen life mor.whareas children know more about the latest trend. parents should allow their child to follow his or her dream but if they know that the career which they are choosing wont be a bright future then they should not allow it. they can choose a substitute for it.for eg. painting and all other related wont give you a very high payoffs. if you want to waste your life as a drawing or craft teacher then the mattre is differnt.in the future when you see your frind earning lots an you in penny you will feel bad.everyone cant be m f hussin. so the closest substitute could be architect. so parents should not leave the entire decision on children. thats my point of view. i could be wrong. but thats my openion.

magical

:SugarwareZ-142:i think the decision should be of both. parents should consider childrens choice.parents know more as they have seen the world. they know more as they have seen life mor.whareas children know more about the latest trend. parents should allow their child to follow his or her dream but if they know that the career which they are choosing wont be a bright future then they should not allow it. they can choose a substitute for it.for eg. painting and all other related wont give you a very high payoffs. if you want to waste your life as a drawing or craft teacher then the mattre is differnt.in the future when you see your frind earning lots an you in penny you will feel bad.everyone cant be m f hussin. so the closest substitute could be architect. so parents should not leave the entire decision on children. thats my point of view. i could be wrong. but thats my openion.

TANNS

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
offcourse they have to live with it so they should choose it ....:SugarwareZ-239::SugarwareZ-239::SugarwareZ-239::SugarwareZ-239::SugarwareZ-239:

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
When you love your work,the work will love you.Passion for work comes only when you love your work.Career choice is one of the important decisions in your love which will say what you want to become in your life.So children must be given the freedom to decide what they want to become and parents must support child's decision and also serve as friend and guide for their children to make it a success.

-Deepak.