Are we ready to cope with TATA's 1 lakh car?

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Guys, we all know that TATA is shortly coming up with 1 lakh car (ex-showroom) and even Renault is planning to come up with a cheap car in collaboration with BAJAJ.

Well thats a good news for all the youngsters who have just starteed earning, can get rid of their bikes and own this cheap cars.

But the problem: ARE WE READY WITH THE NECESSARY INFRASTRUCTURE.

A million dollar guestion to be answered.

So guys I request you all to pour in your ideas and lets see if we can find a good solution.

ashishsagrawal

When i see 1 lakh i say we r not yet sure because when people r in a mood to purchase a bike of 80,000 which gives style and comfort . How do we expect a car of 1 lakh would provide us a felling of a car as compared to other car...Because money is not that what always matters even satisfaction is also requires for the money we pay.

sanjaydahar

Alrite, thats a pretty good news for all the bike owners out here. But i guess the person who can afford a maruti alto would hardly go for the 1lakh car for many features like durability and mileage of the product. Also i assume all the Auto-rickshaws and cabs would jump to buy these cars and the common college going person would be reluctant to buy it in such a scenario. But Tata's too are super smart, they will do something about this. They are also coming up with 7-8 seater versions of their pick up van ACE, targeting Cabs and jeeps.

ashishsagrawal

Ya i agree with u rohan because being an 1 lakh car they must have compromised with many things but until and unless we have experience of the car we can't judge with it performance on the Indian roads . They might be having an idea of this situation and must be having an solution for the same.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Guys, we all know that TATA is shortly coming up with 1 lakh car (ex-showroom) and even Renault is planning to come up with a cheap car in collaboration with BAJAJ.

Well thats a good news for all the youngsters who have just starteed earning, can get rid of their bikes and own this cheap cars.

But the problem: ARE WE READY WITH THE NECESSARY INFRASTRUCTURE.

A million dollar guestion to be answered.

So guys I request you all to pour in your ideas and lets see if we can find a good solution.

Hey Rohan,
We don't have proper infra in place.Still we spend much time on road and in signals.The scene wud be very pathetic during rainy season.The fact is that 2-wheelers can've sme breath as they can progress n some of the curves when compared to 4-wheelers.Regarding the quality of the 1-lakh car,we have to keep our fingers crossed and we have to watch.

-Deepak.

ashishsagrawal

TATAS r going to come up with this car but what about mileage,sitting capacity??But when we talk about price it shows that "LOW PRICED CAR " is going to target students also but if they target students there has to be style and mileage because a bike like pulsar which is winning the hearts of teenagers and which gives the combination of mileage and style.Teenagers like speed will that be satisfied by this car?? Many such question r there which goes against this car?

Navjyot1983

It is not that guys who buy bikes upto 80,000/- will opt for this bike, but there are so many people into small business, who dont prefer the style but can surely afford the car for 1lac which can be used to commute as well as use it for a commercial purpose. But then where will these people drive their cars. Today the express higways get jammed in the evening, if the count of the cars increases even by 100 thousand in six months CAn we imagine the state of the roads and the commuters !!!! Just as the RElaince mobile was launched in just 500/- INR all realised that "though i dont want it just to sms my friends or for style many realised how easy can work be or how easy can one be in circle of contact" and then came the Boom of Cell phones. But it did not affect the normal human life. It did not interfere in the daily lifestyle. People still could live their normal life.
I feel that we still are not prepared for the 1 lac CAR. .. we need more infra for the same. !!!

samar

Is the Infrastructure [ parking, roads ]
available ?

What about the increase in fuel imports ?

Looking from another angle do only the RICH
have the right to use a 4 wheeler.

kamadeva

the talk of a 1 lakh car has been around since mid eighties, when it was actually possiblw to make a 1 lakh car (Maruti was born from a similar dream). I don't think it would be possible to make a real "car" with a showroom price of 1 lakh as the value of the 1 lakh rupees is not the same as it was about 15 years back and the material, manpower, utilities etc cost much more than they used to cost 15 years back. So, I have my doubts about this car until I actually see it priced at 1 lakh.

cooldudevijay

quite true that we do not have the required infrastructrue...Fuel prices do form a part of the Cons of the CAR even if the same is affordable to middle class consumers. But the biggest hurdle will ofcourse be the infrastructure..

B-Class and C-Class segment cars are already in demand with consumers going for the cars ranging from 3-4 lacs with the help of the ever increasing loan gimmicks. This car surely will be hot cake in the initial period and then we will have the evergreen problems of traffic, parking, environmental issues, etc..increasing more and more

Surely we should have something to cope up with the current set of problems and then go ahead with a proposal like this which actually is very good.

Cheers,

Bhupesh

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think it is good for those who want to upgarde them self from 2 wheeler to 4 wheeler, but i think our infrastructure will not support so many cars on the road.

pahuja.chirag

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
it will be a hot selling car. it will make the dream of middle class families come true. and remember this car has made India's name shine everywhere

samar

Better improve Infrastructure ( roads, parking spaces ) before congesting
the roads further.

Still better if public transport is improved.

akhila acharya

well after the long controvery following the nano
no doubt i m eagerly waiting to see how it turns out to be.Having a Ilakh car is definitely going to be an idea that is gonna stay

nervecracker

Probably "Nano" was the first indigenous automobile maneouvre that India was fancying.Though with all the political drama it has undoubtedly left behind a sour taste. It would be a real challenge for TATAs now who had announced their year end launch to meet the deadline with things falling apart at the 11th hour. Further more with credit crisis hitting Indian shores and Jaguar-Rover merger already overburdening the TATA balancesheet (TATA Motors stock price has taken a beating of over 50% since it high in Jan) one also needs to meticulously see what strategy TATAs adopt as they have already declared that Nano is not going to be a high margin product and to extract profitability they will be depending upon the volumes.