How Important is The Role of FAMILY in an Individuals Growth ???

mayur_kaku

hallo guys,

we in India firmly beleive that Family is a basic fundamental unit. but over a period of globalisation and opening up of india's economy we have other cultures influencing our indian culture and according to me Family as a fundamntal unit is also affected by this>>>>

so an individuals growth in career or life is also affected by this>>>>>>>>

so intrested people/ stalwarts, who would like to give their comments can add on

regards,
Mayur

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
This topic reminds me of IMTP .. indian management thoughts and practices that we learnt in last sem of bms.

Personality of a person depends on internal and external environment and thus it would be perfect to say that family moulds a person.

Globalisation has definately made an impact on today's youth. Though they respect their family, there is a run for a successful carrer, money and a fast life forming office work during the day and disco parties at night..

The Peace seeking principles are undergoing a turn around for materialistic benifits while the west is trying to seek harmony in ancient yoga.

The wheel keeps moving ;)

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
I think family values are like the roots of the tree. Stronger the values, stronger they keep the individual's attitude ethical and moralised. As a person grows up he/she comes in contact with various elements of the society and learns new things. Some of these things can even lead him/her astray from the route of morality and hence a person with strong family values will stay unaffected to all these.

another thing is that family values are the 1st education any individual receives and hence they play a very important role in shaping and moulding an individual's persona. It is true that globalisation has influenced today's youth very strongly, but nevertheless there are many homes where-in children still respect their elders like they should.

This is something which books can't teach anyone and comes only through family values. Hence i feel that family values are the most important lessons that an individual learns in his/her life.

successful_cfo

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
FAMILY is like synchdoche for individual... U no a whole of the part.... watever an individual does affects the family.... so i think definitely role of family is important for one to grow up... However this family may be defined differently for every individual..... like the biological family, frens as family, work place as ffamily.... definitely watever way it is defined it is important to all of us.... it moulds our character.... our being.... Wat is ur thght MPites;) BTW for me MY family is always my strength and also my weekness... but i more often make it to be my strenth;)

vipinair

hi all!

for me this discussion is an outright acceptance that Family plays a very IMPORTANT ROLE in an individuals growth!

Family brings that stability which no one else could get for you. that stability might just be a word for the reader but for those who understand what i have written know that its THE thing which you would always want to have in life!

i feel more than school education the emphasis should be on the growth of children at home. they should be taught values that teachers would find it difficult to teach the kids. this is where family plays the messiah for the children.

finally when a child grows he actually reflects the kind of upbringing that he has had, and no one can deny this!

life today has become so competitive, and hence stressful, that a person would always seach for that one moment of peace, joy and contentment from somewhere and what better place that home and family. the place and people who would never talk or say anything other than whats for the benefit of the person whom they love. sometimes they maybe selfish or irrational but...thats when i guess...the whole thing evolves...thats GROWTH of a person.

this is the ultimate thing that a FAMILY could do...which no other could do... GROWTH...of a person.

i have seen MYSELF people who have faced failures and still had the support of their families...and people who when failed didnt have the luck and got some problems with their families...tell you what...the former are luckier.

they have someone to share their happiness and sorrows...and ultimatley go on the right way...the latter...stays alone...and falls...and gets up...smiles...and falls...but no one...true or honest around to help him...he is confused...

so guys...FAMILY...will and always WILL play and important part in a persons GROWTH!

hope i didnt get too senti...

regards...
-vipin.

themaharana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
the role of family in today's globalisation era is still very important for one's growth. growth doesnt mena merly earning. it means everything. one's behaviour is being developed by a family unit. it is within the family, that we learn a lot of things. right from standing on ur feet, the family helps one teach ways 2 live their lives. father and mother are ur first guru's.

it is still said matrudeva bhava, pitradeva bhava, gurudeva bhava and atithideva bhava.

mother and father are next 2 god for an individual. they start teaching us everything as we grow. our actions or that of our family members affect the entire family.
A recent incident where Praveen Mahajan shot 3 bullets at his elder brother Late. Pramod Mahajan. The entire nation was shocked that one of India's GenNext leader was lost. After his death, Prakash Mahajan said that he had lost only one brother. the other was no more his brother. His mother was divided between two brothers. Pramod Mahajan couldbecome a national leader because of his strong son, his supportive wife and family. He raised Praveen and provided him with all he could. Still Praveen was hungry for more. it shows that how wid family support u could achive great heights and if ur family isnt supportive(Praveen mahajan) it doesnt help.

thus i believe family still plays a important role for a individuals development.

bips

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think family values are like the roots of the tree. Stronger the values, stronger they keep the individual's attitude ethical and moralised. As a person grows up he/she comes in contact with various elements of the society and learns new things. Some of these things can even lead him/her astray from the route of morality and hence a person with strong family values will stay unaffected to all these.
very nice analogy gaurav

paradiselearner

The family members are the first interface of a child when he opens up his eyes in this world. Family is the first school which he attends. He learns first from his parents then from the teachers. Whatever he looks and listens becomes an unblottable mark in his memory.

Later on home becomes the ultimate place of peace which any individual seeks for the soothing effect after the day long running and chasing of milestones. Here again the family members are the utimate mentor in the hour of stress. Thus the role of family values cannot be undermine no matter what is the pace of science, technology, economy, IT etc. That's how the Indian culture differs from that of the western culture! What u say!

RC1327

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
well family is very imortant to me.see when you will be raising your child with so much love what will you want.well i advocate freeedom and space still children should not forget the pains taken by their parents for bringing them up

krrawate

hmm
mee too think family plays a very important roll...i hav a lot of freedom given by my parents...bt as d same time...i knw my limits n responsibilities.....
also values dat dey hav given to me makes me respectable in d society ....

shreetigore

Def family plays a very imp role in everyones life
Family teaches us the values to follow and the support to fall back on

kukrejanilesh

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
family is important we spend the most important time that is our vhild hood which gives the basicity of our personality...so it is of very high importance

beone

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
effect of family on someones growth can not be neglected. it balances your mental state in future...

ganguly111

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
family plays a crucial role in shapng up or future........in all adversity,some1 frm our family wud always b wth us and encourage to fight back..

ankitgokani

MP Guru
i strongly feel a family is always there to support u whenever u need them there are exceptions in this world but every few to name them whereas any point of time one can never go away from d family in the true sense somewhere deep inside one is always attached to the family .............a family support always influences an individuals growth this may be different from case to case like nuclear / joint families..........

ankitgokani

MP Guru
i strongly feel a family is always there to support u whenever u need them there are exceptions in this world but every few to name them whereas any point of time one can never go away from d family in the true sense somewhere deep inside one is always attached to the family .............a family support always influences an individuals growth this may be different from case to case like nuclear / joint families..........

riteshsahoo1

just in one sentence we will be able to know the importance -- just imagine urself standing in the middle of a place it may be anywhere without any known people in the place with aur cell phone who would u call --- ?
the importance of family can be realized by what u are now ? just imagine without any support of ur family ?

ritzchandran

yep.....family plays a very imp role in an individuals growth..... it wud be good if i put it in dis way...khi family is d first social group a child interacts wid... interaction teaches him norms n rules of society....n d conclusion is hezz prepared to face d unfamiliar world.....

panikal

a child born is like potters clay and his parents are the potter
the pot takes the shape that the parent gives to to the pot
its is necessary to understand that family plays a gr8 role in developing the conscienceness, that tells us wat is wrong and wat is rite
some practices which parents follow are completely seen in us when we grow up and then we realise that we are like our parents in more than one way!!!!
there fore even on the onset of globalisation our culture wont worsen if the parents shape their children well