Rejuvenating Post Offices

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
POst office is one of the best interconnected networks in the country.But after the advent of E-mails/Mobile & courier servies,postal service has become redundant.Though Govt is trying to rejuvenate it.Pour your thoughts to do so.

some of mine are:

1.Purchase of railway tickets,movie Tkts can be made in post offices.This scheme is most useful in rural sectors and people who can't afford PC or internet.

2.Even Mutual fund investment can be made in post offices.This will aid in common man's participation.

Watz ur say on this?

-Deepak.

tejas15aug

one thing we can do is start a e-post office with every local language support and templates for various emotions installed so you need to just select the language and template and here goes ur message or we can plan Post office centres just like ATMs you go there send the message to the requested address and recipient will receive the printouts or something alike within a day or less

ahmermbalbale

well it is actually quite strange how indian post are not making profits despite of having such a huge distribution network... i accept telephone, internet services, other courrier services, as well has thier bad image has been responsible for not making profits...but there is so much to India post other than normal delivery of letters....indian post office has also collaborated with other companies but still nt fruitfulI am thinkin to do my last year project on makeover of india post services so if any 1can provide me with sum info

yk_srk

Good thought, But frankly speaking I don't thing that I can be practically implemneted.

well....i beg to diiffer from rajan...
it is really possible to utilize the widest reach of postal network of india, but this couldnt be done thru conventional methods now.....

i suggest that post ofice shud start providing value added services..

like providing loans to farmers at attractive rates,
providing means to cap the underutilized savings of rural households
pickup of letters from houses itself,
better speed post services competitive with couriers,
on time delivery of posts, and grettings.
and ofcourse...if u cant beat the competition then join it....startegy...start providing the web services at the post office counter
:SugarwareZ-299:

rejoice_success

they have made changes...uniforms are being changed...speed posts are being outsourced through private courier peoples... But though as hundreds of private players into this service sector, its gettng difficult for the government as our Government is mentally positioned as unreliable, slow,, no guarantee.. N other thing as Electronic devices have completed changed the whole thing.. People need fast communication services and in this competitive E World--evrythng is changing to only E.. The technology is taking over all the antique, old form of services... So only way Indian Posts can develop is proving their reliability, fast services, modernisation!!!:big_grin:

ahmermbalbale

[ suggest that post ofice shud start providing value added services..

like providing loans to farmers at attractive rates,
providing means to cap the underutilized savings of rural households
pickup of letters from houses itself, ]

They are already providing these services....today i went to the post office at vt to interview its public relation officer....u wont belive they are soo demotivated no doubt they cant do their job properly...the only thing that can Rejuvenate Post Office is by motivating them and make them realize that they can be thrown off for not doing their job properly....it is high time they cange...n for information they have already colaborated with many companies like LIC n Kotak mahindra...so stratergically they r thinking...but on individual wise there are no where